Bobcat T200 electrical problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

player1up

I picked up a T200 track loader that has some electrical issues and figured it should be an easy fix but I'm pulling my hair out at this point.

I bit about me:
I've done motor swaps including rewiring a 73 duster to accept a 99 magnum engine and trans, built race cars, built custom turbo setups, paint work, interior, rebuilt engines in my garage. So I'm no stranger to some electrical work but the bobcat is a bit different than a car :)

So here's the issue list.
When I bought it, it wouldn't start from the key, had to jump the starter over and manually trip the fuel cut.
I narrowed it down to a bad power wire coming into the left panel. Red with white stripe ( I have the FSM )

It starts with the key now and the BICS system will allow me to hit the enable button, BUT all of the top row buttons are dead ( they do nothing )
I can't turn the lights on and can't retrieve any codes, aux buttons do nothing as well. The LEDs for the panel do light up with key on so the self check is working.

I've toned out most of the wires at the c408 connector and have continuity. I did have a bent pin at the left panel plug, but that's fixed now with no changes.
I do have some spliced wires that were done by the previous owner but that's on the cab side of the C408 harness.

The machine does run and shut off with the key now, but am looking to get a grapple and need the aux functions.

Where should I look at this point? Am I looking at trying to test the control modules or left panel?

TimberBen

Have your alternator checked. My machine ran fine but the horn and backup alarm wouldn't work. After growing grey hairs checking wires it turned out to be a bad alternator.