Bobcat T190 Fuel Shutoff Solenoid not getting power

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobby0527

In need of help, I have run out of ideas. Fuel shutoff solenoid does not get power from harness. I checked all the fuses and relays, all good. I troubleshooted the fuel solenoid by itself and it works. The skid will start with key but will not turn off. Any ideas?

The Older I Get

Hey Bobby, how you fix the solenoid problem? i have same problem in my 863g. Engine wont start with the solenoid in, but start without and i have to shut off the engine by hand. any help will be appreciate!

billyb

Sokenoid has 3 wires. One is a ground. Another pulls the solenoid in with power when key is in start position and loses power when you are not in start position. The third wire supplies lower power to hold the solenoid in while in the run position. The piston coming out of the solenoid is pushing on the fuel cut off valve in the pump with no power. Removing the solenoid would allow the fuel cut off valve to open and engine will start but will need to be manually shut down. Some solenoids have different connectors so if you need to cut and change the connector make sure wires don't get crossed as this can burn up the solenoid. First thing to check is fuses and then power to solenoid