Bobcat skid steer 753 . hydraulic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jeff1941

I am new to this forum, please be patient. On a 1998 model F, the auxilery hydraulics stay energized without pressing either button for auxilery to operate. This disabled.the main hydraulic functions to lower boom and curl bucket closed. I. Can operate main hydraulics if plumb a loop to circulate auxilery hyd oil, or disconnect aulilary coils. I did not check to see which aux coil is getting power I suspect a bad press to operate for auxilary, a bad rocker switch on the right steering arm, a bad trigger switchor an electrical short in wiring. No lites come on to show power at aux hydraulics. Suspect a bad rocker switch or trigger switch on right steering handle, a bad press to operate switch for aux hydraulics, or an electrical short. The auxilery hydraulics operating in continuous mode worked fine. Thank you for any thoughts or replies, jeff

Tazza

Staff member
That will work, but confirm the issue is power first. Lift the cab, disconnect the wires to the aus coils and see i the issue goes away.
If it doesn't, i feel your aux coil stems are dirty. You can replace the non working one, or you can try talking it apart and cleaning it.
Using soft jaws in a vice, hold the part of the stem with the Orings, use a spanner on the hex part and un-screw it. Note all the parts you remove and make sure it's all free and lubricated when you put it back together. The small spool inside needs to run freely.

OP
OP
J

Jeff1941

That will work, but confirm the issue is power first. Lift the cab, disconnect the wires to the aus coils and see i the issue goes away.
If it doesn't, i feel your aux coil stems are dirty. You can replace the non working one, or you can try talking it apart and cleaning it.
Using soft jaws in a vice, hold the part of the stem with the Orings, use a spanner on the hex part and un-screw it. Note all the parts you remove and make sure it's all free and lubricated when you put it back together. The small spool inside needs to run freely.
Thank You Tazz, I.unplugged the auxiliary coils and the main hydraulics work well. I an going to replace the trigger / rocker switch on the right steering handle. There is. 11.7. volts at rear auxilery coil, key on and engine off, with no electrical power to.auxilary. I wondered if Paypal could be accepted for donations? Great forum, thanks again

Tazza

Staff member
Thank You Tazz, I.unplugged the auxiliary coils and the main hydraulics work well. I an going to replace the trigger / rocker switch on the right steering handle. There is. 11.7. volts at rear auxilery coil, key on and engine off, with no electrical power to.auxilary. I wondered if Paypal could be accepted for donations? Great forum, thanks again
I wonder what has stuck to make it feed power to the copils when they are not being turned on.
The odd thing is, the aux hydraulics is only turned on if you press a button on the dash, all other times it should not do anything, even if the trigger or thumb switch is stuck on the handle. I have no idea why the rear coil has power on all the time, it shouldn't have.

frdf250

I wonder what has stuck to make it feed power to the copils when they are not being turned on.
The odd thing is, the aux hydraulics is only turned on if you press a button on the dash, all other times it should not do anything, even if the trigger or thumb switch is stuck on the handle. I have no idea why the rear coil has power on all the time, it shouldn't have.
Was this ever resolved? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Cant move or lift until i double click the aux button under the hour meter to get both aux lights to light up green

BCATMECH25

Was this ever resolved? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Cant move or lift until i double click the aux button under the hour meter to get both aux lights to light up green
Do you have the same model. What's your serial # and model?