Bobcat s70 laid on its side

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb7684

My son was driving the machine today and backed up an uneven slope. The dirt under him gave way and the machine rolled and laid over on its side. He immediately shut the key off cutting the motor off. Using another machine we pulled it upright. It was over for about 20 to 30 mins. A small amount of Diesel leaked out of the cap on to the ground. Once over I checked the engine compartment and there are no obvious signs of any other fluid. I plan to let it sit as a precaution until tomorrow when I will check the fluids and get a better look at everything before trying to start.

Are there any specific do's or dont's ? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cmb7684

29C65A4C-C09E-4437-B50E-2486EB546235.jpeg

brdgbldr

My son was driving the machine today and backed up an uneven slope. The jet under him gave way and the machine laid over on its side. He immediately shut the key off cutting the motor off. Using another machine we pulled it upright. It was over for about 20 to 30 mins. A small amount of Diesel leaked out of the cap on to the ground. Once over I checked the engine compartment and there are no obvious signs of any other fluid. I plan to let it sit as a precaution until tomorrow when I will check the fluids and get a better look at everything before trying to start.

I would suggest watching this video before trying to start the machine:

reaperman

I laid mine over a few years ago also. I let it sit overnight after getting it back on its feet. Then removed the glow plugs and turned it over, no oil came out at all. I didnt loose any hydro oil or fuel either but it was only 1/4 tank, its ran great ever since. At work a co-worker laid a cat skid steer over and oil immediately entered into the cylinders and it ran away. It smoked like hell for about 1.5 minutes and then died. New engine time, ouch.

Johnboy

My son was driving the machine today and backed up an uneven slope. The dirt under him gave way and the machine rolled and laid over on its side. He immediately shut the key off cutting the motor off. Using another machine we pulled it upright. It was over for about 20 to 30 mins. A small amount of Diesel leaked out of the cap on to the ground. Once over I checked the engine compartment and there are no obvious signs of any other fluid. I plan to let it sit as a precaution until tomorrow when I will check the fluids and get a better look at everything before trying to start.

At my last job my delivery drivers would turn over the Moffetts we used to unload with and we would let them sit for a while. We would see if could turn engine over by just bumping the starter several times to see if had a lot of oil in cylinder. If it would move the engine just a little we would let it sit for a few minutes and try again. Not trying to tell you what to do but this is what we did and never damaged an engine.

Latest posts