Bobcat S300 lost attachment control function

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

spitzair

Hello everyone,

We have a 2008 Bobcat S300 at work that was recently serviced and since the servicing it's lost the attachment control functions. The aux hydraulics still work but anything controlled by the 7 pin aux electronic plug doesn't work anymore. We know the attachments are fine because they work as they should on another machine. We checked all the fuses and they're all good too... Is there a way the service technician could have disabled the attachment control system by accident when resetting the service indicator? Everything was working properly before the service. Thanks!

brdgbldr

The new computerized machines are crazy.

If the tech had a computer hooked up to your machine, he is able to activate or deactivate functions on the machine. Not sure of this function specifically.

Also, if your machine has a keyless ignition, functions can be locked out by using to "OWNER" code. The "owner" can go in and lock things out for specific users. So one user code may have all functions and another may have limited functions.

I'm not sure what work was done on the machine, but you may want to make sure the wire harness is sill connected in the back. I'm not positive, but I think the harness may connect into the same connector that the techs computer hooks into.

OP
OP
spitzair

spitzair

Thanks Brdgbldr, I'll take a look tomorrow and see if there's anything unplugged. We do have the keyless ignition but there's no code set up for it. I usually just reset the service indicator through the left hand instrument panel since I don't have the fancy computer, not sure how he reset it as I wasn't at work when he came. Is there a way we can see what functions and features are enabled without a fancy computer and possibly re-enable them through the panel? Like you say the new computerized machines are crazy even with it being 15 years old already! There's not much I can't fix on my old 732 but all this electronic gizmo gadgetry is beyond me!

brdgbldr

All you can do is look at what the "OWNER" locked out. But if you are not using a lock code then all functions should be unlocked except what was locked by a dealer or tech.

I doubt that the tech accidentally locked anything. Most likely it is a disconnected harness. The place where the techs computer connects is normally above the battery. You could always contact the service tech and ask exactly what they did since the problem only started after their visit.

I just had a tech come to my place because I needed the techs computer to calibrate stuff. The tech was nice but had never done the procedure I needed done. They should have payed me for allowing him to train on my machine. But instead I had to pay for his inexperience.

OP
OP
spitzair

spitzair

Never got around to looking at it yesterday, I'll take a looksee on Monday and report back, it has to be something simple. My co-worker has been trying to get some info from the tech who did the work but he isn't answering his phone anymore… strange eh?

OP
OP
spitzair

spitzair

Tech finally got back tomus and walked my co-worker through some steps - turns out he had locked out the attachment control functions after all! All working again now!

brdgbldr

Great to hear.

I am curious. How did he lock out those functions and how were you able to unlock them? Obviously, it was done without the Techs computer.

Did he lock them out by using the owner or machine code?

OP
OP
spitzair

spitzair

Not sure how he did it, tech walked him through it on the phone and he can't remember what the steps were… he said he had to de-code something… that's how it was explained to me…

brdgbldr

It sounds like the Tech must have used the "machine" code to do what he was asked and accidentally locked out the auxiliaries.

The last Tech I had come out had the "machine" code of my machine when he came out. The "machine" code is given to the machine when it is manufactured and Bobcat only gives it out to authorized dealers and mechanics. This code can be used to change The "owner" code and lock and unlock functions just like the "owner" code.