Bobcat S185 using Bobcat 709 backhoe attachment?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

culvert

Howdy folks, Trying to use a Bobcat S185 with a 709 backhoe attachment and cannot get it to work? It should work just fine. On an older machine (751), it's as easy as hitting two switches on the right stick/control. On the newer machine there are allot more switches. The S185 has the normal not "delux" control panel. What's the trick to get hydraulic power to the attachment? And it should/ can be operated from the "jump seat" right? Or is control only from the cab?

Train

On my S130, on the right stick, I move the middle thumb switch to the left, and click the finger button on the front of the switch to lock it. If I just click the switch, it runs, but backwards.

Tazza

Staff member
On my S130, on the right stick, I move the middle thumb switch to the left, and click the finger button on the front of the switch to lock it. If I just click the switch, it runs, but backwards.
It should be as simple as engaging the aux hydraulics and pressing the right trigger. Pretty sure i have reversed the flow by doing as Train said, move the thumb switch and pressing the trigger.

Train

It should be as simple as engaging the aux hydraulics and pressing the right trigger. Pretty sure i have reversed the flow by doing as Train said, move the thumb switch and pressing the trigger.
Yes, I forgot about engaging the hydraulics first. Upper left panel, the button that says maximum flow/variable flow. Press that first so it lights up.

Train

Yes, I forgot about engaging the hydraulics first. Upper left panel, the button that says maximum flow/variable flow. Press that first so it lights up.
Tazza now you have me wondering if the couplers are reversed on my backhoe attachment. If I just press the trigger, my controls all work in reverse.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza now you have me wondering if the couplers are reversed on my backhoe attachment. If I just press the trigger, my controls all work in reverse.
That is very possible, swap the couplers on the attachment and see how it works. It happens more often than you might think.