Bobcat S185 lift/tilt issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jmarshal1

I was runing the machine with no issues when the bucket tilted and lifted the front tires off the ground, the alarm beeped three times, lift/tilt light went out and controls locked. I shut the machine off and restarted it and same problem. I took the bucket off and cracked a line on a cylinder and chained the bucket receiver to keep it from digging into the ground and was able to drive the machine to the shop. I am getting code 32-04 (not communicating with the AHC controller). I have checked for broken wire and cleaned all of the connections. When you turn the key to the first click and hit the operate button all of the lights, including the lift/tilt light, comes on. As soon as I start the engine I get the three beeps and it goes out. I have changed all of the fuses and everything is good there. Any ideas?

biggie

Hey jmarshal, I'm thinking your on the right track. With this being a communication error code, it could be a low voltage issue. The first place I would start is, removing all the small ground connectors on the battery, and cleaning those up. Then I would check all the other ground connections that u have on your machine. That would be the starter, and any other ground connections. I've found, in the past, ground connections are VERY important on machine that have multiple computers talking to each other. Hope this helps