Bobcat s100

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

djgood

i bought a s100 everything works good. i ran it for about a hour and it sounds like front left tire is clicking grinding real loud. but only sometimes and never going in reverse. i jacked it up spun tires and no noise drove its 6 blocks or so no noise so then drove another 3 blocks started moving some snow and it started again so i stopped spin a few circles to left no noise . then i can go forward a while without it doing it sometimes a blocks sometimes 50ft... axles/chains/sprockets all seem good ... i did pull the traction lock/parking brake out and the mechanism is gone. im unsure if someone took it out or what

flyerdan

I moved this up to the Bobcat forum where it's less likely to get overlooked; all indications sound like a bearing. Pick up the front wheels with the bucket and give the tires the top to bottom rock and see if the left has significantly more slack.
It's unlikely that any missing parts from the traction lock would cause this noise, but it wouldn't hurt to look at the online parts page and see how it all goes together. Chances are, someone took it out due to a seat bar sensor causing it to engage while in use.

OP
OP
D

djgood

I moved this up to the Bobcat forum where it's less likely to get overlooked; all indications sound like a bearing. Pick up the front wheels with the bucket and give the tires the top to bottom rock and see if the left has significantly more slack.
It's unlikely that any missing parts from the traction lock would cause this noise, but it wouldn't hurt to look at the online parts page and see how it all goes together. Chances are, someone took it out due to a seat bar sensor causing it to engage while in use.
i did lift them are couldnt notice any movement but i am gonna recheck them. it is real loud when it happens and when i had tires up all way and running it full speed the tires all spun fine and not a sound

OP
OP
D

djgood

i did lift them are couldnt notice any movement but i am gonna recheck them. it is real loud when it happens and when i had tires up all way and running it full speed the tires all spun fine and not a sound
it ended up being parking brake broke apart and all the big pieces of it were getting under or in chains and grinding like crazy