Bobcat 873 G series

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Well guys bad news the right hand control is not even wire. Just order a manual book for 873 and 883 g series book hopefully it have the wire diagram. Does any body have a picture on the right hand control?

Attachments

• 20220531_181213.jpg
    20220531_181213.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 103

reaperman

Im not sure how your able to engage the hydarulics to start with. But I have an idea. I still think the blade may be spinning in the wrong direction. On the brush cutter, switch the male and female hose couplings around from what they are now. Then connect them to your machine and try the brush cutter. This will simply reverse the flow direction by supplying fluid to the opposite hose.

The way it should work if you had the correct handle. Press the aux button, then pull the right hand index trigger to engage the hydraulic flow to the cutter. If the blade is spinning in the incorrect direction, then the top paddle with the side to side arrows can reverse the flow direction.

When my brush cutter was made, the hose couplings were on the incorrect hoses. So when I pulled the trigger, it spun backwards. I used the paddle switch to simply reverse the blade to the proper direction. But I ended up just swapping the couplers to the opposite hoses, so I only need to hit the index trigger to engage the blade in the proper direction.

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Im not sure how your able to engage the hydarulics to start with. But I have an idea. I still think the blade may be spinning in the wrong direction. On the brush cutter, switch the male and female hose couplings around from what they are now. Then connect them to your machine and try the brush cutter. This will simply reverse the flow direction by supplying fluid to the opposite hose.

The way it should work if you had the correct handle. Press the aux button, then pull the right hand index trigger to engage the hydraulic flow to the cutter. If the blade is spinning in the incorrect direction, then the top paddle with the side to side arrows can reverse the flow direction.

When my brush cutter was made, the hose couplings were on the incorrect hoses. So when I pulled the trigger, it spun backwards. I used the paddle switch to simply reverse the blade to the proper direction. But I ended up just swapping the couplers to the opposite hoses, so I only need to hit the index trigger to engage the blade in the proper
THanks reaperman

When my brush cutter was made, the hose couplings were on the incorrect hoses. So when I pulled the trigger, it spun backwards. I used the paddle switch to simply reverse the blade to the proper direction. But I ended up just swapping the couplers to the opposite hoses, so I only need to hit the index trigger to engage the blade in the proper direction.
Thanks reaperman but I already try that no luck. Yeah the brush cutter goes counter clockwise which to the left still no fully engage. Lol can't even cut a 1 to 1 1/2 tree.
The right handle control don't even exit because is not wire in. Talk to the dealer CID told to me to take the H valve off but just be careful not to reverse the hydraulic or else it will messy it up. YEAH NOTHING.
Right the left handle control engage the brush cutter but not fully engage. Hummm it suck

koko

Thanks Koko for your advice, so your right hand control looks like the picture above. Last night I find out the Auxiliary fuse was empty thought that was the problem but no. Later today I'm going to check the right hand control and check the wire. It look like the picture about have the continuous flow button, I problem need that button for my brush cutter to get fully engaged is that true. ???
Question all, Bobcat 783,873, etc old style hand control
What is the different between Left hand control and right hand control
Firstly find out, for sure, if your machine has hi-flo before going any farther! As I said before lift the cab & check for the aux. pump. Secondly, an 863G puts out about 18gpm @ standard flow & will run your brush cutter. Mine worked quite well but you have to remember.....more throttle= more flow.

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Firstly find out, for sure, if your machine has hi-flo before going any farther! As I said before lift the cab & check for the aux. pump. Secondly, an 863G puts out about 18gpm @ standard flow & will run your brush cutter. Mine worked quite well but you have to remember.....more throttle= more flow.
Thanks KoKo, I have no idea about the hi flow pump. I have a bobcat 873 advantage g series.
If you have the same machine, I guess mine is the same. No heat no ac, cooler fan.

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Does anybody have a bobcat g series 873. I would like to have a picture of the right handle control harness (male and female wire color)

koko

Does anybody have a bobcat g series 873. I would like to have a picture of the right handle control harness (male and female wire color)
Google 'bobcat historical specs" and from there you can go to a link where you put in your serial number & you will get a diagram & part number of absolutely everything that your machine is built of!

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Updated drop the bobcat off to the dealer. The service replace the valve don't know what valve was replace. They told me the hydraulic control valve pump has a crack might need to replace the pump. Let's hope the auxillary work for the brush cutter.

OP
OP
T

touyaj

The Bobcat dealership told me the Service Control Valve is leaking internal and is not holding pressure. I have to purchase a new service control valve, can I rebuild the the control valve by replace all the seal.

gavinhumes123

this is kind of late, i dont know if you still even have the machine, i dont think the bobcat dealership diagnosed it right. i had the same problem but i figured it out and fixed it. its hard to explain over text. ill dm you and you can call me, thanks!

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Gavinhumes123, I sold the bobcat because I could not get my brush cutter to work. Went and bought ASV RC 100.