Bobcat 873 G series

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

touyaj

Hello guys, thanks for having me. I'm having issues with my brush cutter not having enough aux hydraulic pressure. I press the low and max Aux button (light on) and it engage the aux but is so slow. I try to research what are the control button are for but have no luck. Hydraulic hydrostatic fluid level is new and new filter. Need advice please. Thanks

Last edited:

foton

did you match the cutters required gpm requirement with the output of the machine?

reaperman

Are you sure its running in the proper direction? There could be a check valve that only allows it to run one direction. A brush cutter is suppose to run counter clockwise, why? Not sure. But try reversing the hydro direction using the thumb paddle on the right lever. My buddy made his own brusher and ran into the same issue, he put the check valve on in the wrong direction.

koko

I'm with foton on this. I have the same skid steer & when I purchased my brush cutter a couple years ago I made sure that it matched my hyd. flow. I don't have a hi-flow system but just matched it to the regular flow.....works good.👍

OP
OP
T

touyaj

I'm with foton on this. I have the same skid steer & when I purchased my brush cutter a couple years ago I made sure that it matched my hyd. flow. I don't have a hi-flow system but just matched it to the regular flow.....works good.👍
The dealer told me the xbc7 should work it require 16 to 26 gpm..when I engage the hydraulic it spin but not enough

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Are you sure its running in the proper direction? There could be a check valve that only allows it to run one direction. A brush cutter is suppose to run counter clockwise, why? Not sure. But try reversing the hydro direction using the thumb paddle on the right lever. My buddy made his own brusher and ran into the same issue, he put the check valve on in the wrong direction.
Do you know which button because I press all the button no luck.

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Thank you for all the advice and response. Any more advice, still not enough pressure

koko

The dealer told me the xbc7 should work it require 16 to 26 gpm..when I engage the hydraulic it spin but not enough
Mine works good at that flow. I don't know what controls you have but maybe look it up in an operators manual.

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Mine works good at that flow. I don't know what controls you have but maybe look it up in an operators manual.
What model is yours? Do you have high flow? I have high flow button but it won't turn on. Only maximum flow is ON

OP
OP
T

touyaj

Left hand and right hand
20220530_104613.jpg
20220530_104608.jpg20220530_104613.jpg

reaperman

Do you know which button because I press all the button no luck.
If the photo you posted showing the controls is from your machine. Someone did some replaced the right stick with something that isn't typical. You would switch directions with the right side lever (factory lever, not the one posted in the photo with all of the buttons) using the center side by side paddle.

OP
OP
T

touyaj

If the photo you posted showing the controls is from your machine. Someone did some replaced the right stick with something that isn't typical. You would switch directions with the right side lever (factory lever, not the one posted in the photo with all of the buttons) using the center side by side paddle.
Thank for the advice. So the right hand should like the left hand control.

koko

My unit is an 863 G, does not have Hi-flo, it is a 2002 vintage with the controls similar to the above photo. It seems that Bobcat wires in all the controls even tho the machine may not be equiped for those controls. What I'm saying is, you may have a switch showing hi-flo without your machine having the extra pump. Lift your cab & have a look, if you have an auxiliary pump, then you will have to look farther into your controls & wiring.
Yes someone has definately been messing with things when you have 2 different controls.
Good luck!

OP
OP
T

touyaj

My unit is an 863 G, does not have Hi-flo, it is a 2002 vintage with the controls similar to the above photo. It seems that Bobcat wires in all the controls even tho the machine may not be equiped for those controls. What I'm saying is, you may have a switch showing hi-flo without your machine having the extra pump. Lift your cab & have a look, if you have an auxiliary pump, then you will have to look farther into your controls & wiring.
Yes someone has definately been messing with things when you have 2 different controls.
Good luck!
Thanks Koko for your advice, so your right hand control looks like the picture above. Last night I find out the Auxiliary fuse was empty thought that was the problem but no. Later today I'm going to check the right hand control and check the wire. It look like the picture about have the continuous flow button, I problem need that button for my brush cutter to get fully engaged is that true. ???
Question all, Bobcat 783,873, etc old style hand control
What is the different between Left hand control and right hand control

Latest posts