Bobcat 863 Tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fredinstonewall

Hello, New to this site. Looking for information on tires. I live 4 miles off the pavement on a gravel road, with steep hills between my house and the blacktop One hill is a 800' rise. Over the years I have plowed the road to get out. Now its time for tires. I'm looking at the Bobcat brand Severe Duty tires as I want to get as much rubber out of this investment. When I look at the tire (Severe Duty) it looks like its going to load with snow and cause a problem. I called the dealer that is wanting me to buy the tires and he says they work fine..but all he can tell me is they plow their parking lot with those tires. Better investment out there? Anyone have any experience with this? I use the bobcat to unload hay with the forks, snow plow and moving dirt on gravel roads and bucket dirt from the hills which is mixed with sandstone rock...oh and I use the Bobcat to get trees out for firewood. Current tires have served me well but somewhat bald to the point I have to run chains. Thank you in advance Fred

[email protected]

tons of guys around here use solideal lifemasters. look them up, non directional tread. much better in snow (i've heard, anyway) and supposedly better in everything but mud.it what i plan to buy.

walio123

Chains is beter solutions for heavy snow removal.I live in the mountains and have a contract with the municipality for snow removal. There are quite narrow and steep streets. With any tires I always clean the snow from the bottom up. Best solution is to put snow chains on the tires.Puts them on worn tires to not hurt treads on new ... tedious , but saves money and problems at work . I tried with over the tire tracks-its the best but too expensive just for snow removal. Runs well on mud, grassland and sand, but on gravel tear quickly. So whatever tires you grab if it is too steep you should use a chain. If you have extra money to spend buy over the tire tracks.