bobcat 853C bucket - no down pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

I have no down pressure on my bucket tilt cylinder. Like it is in a float position, I've reversed the hyd lines, so the cylinder seems to chk out OK. Just purchased the machine, it has great breaking power with the bucket & doesn't leak down. I can push the pedal down with a empty bucket and it rolls over slowly frm the weight of the bucket. linkage & spools seems ok????? any suggestions? dennis

Tazza

Staff member
So you can tilt back, but not forwards? How slowly does it tilt forwards when you push your toe down? or is there just no power from it? Even if it lets only a small amount of fluid through, it should still be able to lift the front of the machine without any effort, just slowly.
The only thing i could think of is your bolts that hold the pedal to the frame may have moved causing your spool adjustment to be wrong. When you push the pedal forward it may be bottoming out? this would explain your problem. Its at least worth a look at the simple things first. If you can feel neutral and you feel it moving forwards and backwards it would have to be a problem with the spool.
*maybee* even a stuck load check on your control block, but i think these ONLY hold high pressure, and will not allow it to by-pass.

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

So you can tilt back, but not forwards? How slowly does it tilt forwards when you push your toe down? or is there just no power from it? Even if it lets only a small amount of fluid through, it should still be able to lift the front of the machine without any effort, just slowly.
The only thing i could think of is your bolts that hold the pedal to the frame may have moved causing your spool adjustment to be wrong. When you push the pedal forward it may be bottoming out? this would explain your problem. Its at least worth a look at the simple things first. If you can feel neutral and you feel it moving forwards and backwards it would have to be a problem with the spool.
*maybee* even a stuck load check on your control block, but i think these ONLY hold high pressure, and will not allow it to by-pass.
I've chk the linkage & pedal, push my toe down/pedal NO down pressure at all, it will not break a egg. gravity/weight of the bucket is all that tilts it in the down position. As if you it is in the float position. The funny part is the tilt back works fine with plenty of power. I'm using it the way it is , just can't back drag. guess first rain day I'll take it to Bobcat. thanks for the reply dennis