Bobcat 853 bucket drops

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Loftatsea

I have a Bobcat 853. If I do not keep my foot on the pedal the bucket will tilt down immediately. It does not llok like there is any fluid leaking from the cylinder. Where else should I look to correct this problem? Thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
Start with replacing the cylinder seals. If the internal seals are gone or the nut has backed off, oil will by-pass and the bucket will drop.

OP
OP
L

Loftatsea

Start with replacing the cylinder seals. If the internal seals are gone or the nut has backed off, oil will by-pass and the bucket will drop.
Thanks for the reply. I will do this. Is there any way to test if this is the case or is it a case of starting with the most likely and/or easiest? What are the other possibilities?

jerry

Thanks for the reply. I will do this. Is there any way to test if this is the case or is it a case of starting with the most likely and/or easiest? What are the other possibilities?
The piston seal on the tilt should be warmed up to ease installation and after installing have a hose clamp and some material like light aluminum ready to hold it down in the groove while it cools. I have done a couple on a 853 and was not impressed at all with that seal. It seems that shaking or rattling the bucket with the tilt destroys them quick. Hair dryer works for warming, at a shop they use a oven on low heat.

Latest posts