Bobcat 843 1991 Cab lights ??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jwoznicki

I have a 1991 bobcat 843. I want to know what the two idiot lights are for inside the cab. There are two lights side by side. Markings are wore off. The one on the right side flickers when running. I checked all fliuds and they seem to be OK. What is this light for??? Actually what are both lights for??? Please HELP!! James

ThomasM

I think the two lights are for engine and hydraulics. the engine one monitors temp and oil pressure, the hydraulic one monitors temp, charge psi, and hydro filter on my 743B, I would think it is simular on yours. on my 1993, 743B the right one is hydraulic and the left one is engine. Does the light filcker at all RPM's??

m610

I think the two lights are for engine and hydraulics. the engine one monitors temp and oil pressure, the hydraulic one monitors temp, charge psi, and hydro filter on my 743B, I would think it is simular on yours. on my 1993, 743B the right one is hydraulic and the left one is engine. Does the light filcker at all RPM's??
My 1989 Bobcat 843 has a glow plug light and a light for hydrostatic pressure. Those are in the middle of the upper cage.

OP
OP
J

jwoznicki

It seems to only flicker when I'm not moving.

OP
OP
J

jwoznicki

I just went out and ran it. THe higher the rpm it gets the light dims. Low rpm it's a bright constint flicker.

Tazza

Staff member
I just went out and ran it. THe higher the rpm it gets the light dims. Low rpm it's a bright constint flicker.
1 should be hydraulic charge pressure/temp the other should be engine oil pressure.
Easy test is to turn the key on, short the wire going to the oil pressure sender on the engine. You will then know what light is what.
Sounds like you may have a clogged filter. Have you replaced your main filter?

OP
OP
J

jwoznicki

1 should be hydraulic charge pressure/temp the other should be engine oil pressure.
Easy test is to turn the key on, short the wire going to the oil pressure sender on the engine. You will then know what light is what.
Sounds like you may have a clogged filter. Have you replaced your main filter?
I had it servced last year they were suppose to change the filter. They changed out some hydraulic block. The blucket when going up was not moving smoothly it jittered. I went on this forum due to that when I got it back last year they forgot to secure a line for the hydraulics. I parked the bobcat on my new black top when receiving it back. The next morning when I went out to get some work done there was a huge puddle of fliud on the drive. Not a very happy camper since I paid roughly $1000.00 to have it serviced. And when I called they said it was all good at the garage. Well know I discided I would try and tackled some of the maintance issues myself. Is it difficult to change filter? I've worked on car plently before. And when changing the oil in the car you have to drain the oil first then remove filter. Do I have to drain the hydraulic fluid first? Or do you simply remove filter and replace. PLease reply James

mllud

I had it servced last year they were suppose to change the filter. They changed out some hydraulic block. The blucket when going up was not moving smoothly it jittered. I went on this forum due to that when I got it back last year they forgot to secure a line for the hydraulics. I parked the bobcat on my new black top when receiving it back. The next morning when I went out to get some work done there was a huge puddle of fliud on the drive. Not a very happy camper since I paid roughly $1000.00 to have it serviced. And when I called they said it was all good at the garage. Well know I discided I would try and tackled some of the maintance issues myself. Is it difficult to change filter? I've worked on car plently before. And when changing the oil in the car you have to drain the oil first then remove filter. Do I have to drain the hydraulic fluid first? Or do you simply remove filter and replace. PLease reply James
Usually oil filter are mounted up higher than the oil resovour. Im not familiar with your loader. I would think you could change it without draining it. After it has ran let it set for a while to let the oil drain down. Mike

skidsteer.ca

Usually oil filter are mounted up higher than the oil resovour. Im not familiar with your loader. I would think you could change it without draining it. After it has ran let it set for a while to let the oil drain down. Mike
Not famiular with the 843 but 853 773 etc use spinon filters nor different then a car oil filter. Spin off, spin on.
You flickering lights could be low pressure, or a bad sender triggering prematurely. or a worn through wire that is getting a ground that should not be there. unhook the senders one at a time to see if the light goes off. If it does note which sender it was and check the pressure for that system. If it stays on you may have a wire worn through and getting a ground by rubbing the frame. Since it tends to go out as you increase speed I'm thinking a sender making intermittant contact.
Ken