Bobcat 763F Alternator bracket mounting help!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

NOTYEPCARS

I have a bobcat 763 F series that I am helping the neighbor with. Was not charging so I looked and alternator bracket was loose and the belt was very loose. There are two holes in the bracket base where it mounts to the block, however I only found 1 bolt hanging loose. The two holes on the bracket are flat or flush will each other, however the holes in the block are not, so when I tighten the bolt in the picture, it cocks the alternator at an angle. Is there supposed to be two mounting bolts? or what am i missing. Thanks

flyerdan

Cant seem to post a picture, but hopefully someone knows what I mean.
Just off the top, I'd imagine that it has a spacer and a longer bolt that is missing. Often a bracket is fabricated to use on several blocks, with a different spacer to make it flush.
There isn't a parts book for the 763 in the thread, but if you have your serial number handy you can find the parts on bobcatpartsonline.com -763-(sn range)-power unit-engine & attaching parts (engine mounts).
They use a script so you can't deep link, every link defaults to the home page, thus the steps spelled out to get there.