Bobcat 763 - Old, Cascading issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcat 763

Hello,

Recently acquired a bobcat from my father in law. He said it leaks hydraulic oil. I fixed the leak by changing all seals with Bobcat OEM parts on the BICS and Hydraulic Control Valve (leak was coming out of one of the spool piece end)

Unit ran great for about an hour of service.

The Lift Down and Tilt Up are very slow. Unlike, the Lift Up and Tilt Down are fast (normal). I let it rest overnight, and still has the problem.

This would seem the return oil pressure from the actuating arm cylinders are slow to retract.

I can almost hear oil returning constantly to the reservoir, regardless of positions or movement.

This is an older unit. The display panel is basically faded completely, so I can't read any error codes, if any.

Side note: At idle the right wheel creeps, which also makes it hard to T/S outside the cab. I'm willing to bet I need to replace seals on the drive motors? Any thoughts?

I'm just hoping I don't have to pull out the hydraulic control valve again.

Last edited:

Tazza

Staff member
My first guess is your aux hydraulics have stuck themselves on, if you can hear like a whistling noise from the control block, that is your relief valve.

As for the creeping, that is just a neutral adjustment of the plate that sits on top of the drive pumps.

OP
OP
G
"aux hydraulics have stuck themselves on" - think that was the problem.
"As for the creeping, that is just a neutral adjustment of the plate that sits on top of the drive pumps." - havent adjusted yet