Bobcat 763 cranks with smoke but not starting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Azzashields

Hi All, newbie to the forums and had a good search but I'm not having any luck.
I have a bobcat 763 was using it on and off all day for around 20mins at a time with no dramas, towards the end of the day it stalled and then wouldn't start. I originally thought I'd run her out of diesel. I topped the tank up and it took around 15 liters. Still no joy. It cranks no worries and sounds like it wants to fire but won't start. While cranking it puffs out a grayish smoke and smells of unburnt diesel. I have so far done the following but yet still no joy.
I've replaced fuel filter and primer bulb, then primed whole fuel system. It has good delivery from the tank to the filter and also to the bleeder on the injector pump. I've cracked each injector 1 by 1 and cranked for a few seconds to confirm diesel is getting to where it needs to be however it's not a super strong flow, Kind of just dribbles out the line.
I've also replaced every fuse I could see, tried swapping around relays and confirmed that the fuel shut off solinoid is holding in when cranking.
It has a new air filter too and can feel it sucking strongly through air intake.

What am I missing? It seems like a pretty simple set up all with analog gauges and mechanical pumps etc... Please help it's starting to do my head in...

Latest posts