bobcat 753 won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cheerio

I ran the skid steer from the garage to the barn to change attachments. I shut it off to disconnect the aux. hydraulics and then it wouldn't start - no crank, no click, nothing. I put the battery booster on and it still did nothing when I turned the key.

flyerdan

Possible culprits are fuses, relays, corrosion in connectors. It could also be a bad ground on the negative battery cable; if you hooked the charger to the battery, try the (-) to an engine ground and see if you get power then.
If not, start checking fuses and relays, the 753 book in the manual thread has all the diagrams.

OP
OP
C

Cheerio

Possible culprits are fuses, relays, corrosion in connectors. It could also be a bad ground on the negative battery cable; if you hooked the charger to the battery, try the (-) to an engine ground and see if you get power then.
If not, start checking fuses and relays, the 753 book in the manual thread has all the diagrams.
Thanks for the help, it was a fuse. Now to figure out why turning the key to the left on shut down to release the aux. hydraulics pressure - as per the owner's manual - consistently blows that fuse and doesn't seem to release the pressure.