Bobcat 753 bucket tilt problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Matt68396

Hi. First I'd like to say thanks for all the great info on this site! I have a Bobcat 753 #51272xxxx, rectangle lights and round gauges. I was moving some stumps around this past weekend with the grapple bucket, heard a loud ting and the bucket went limp. The boom was about half way up and the bucket tilt let go. I had to lower the boom and back up to get the bucket on the ground. Now the boom lift seems to work fine but the tilt acts like the cylinder isn't even hooked up but I can hear the pump when I operate the tilt pedal. If I cut the auxiliary hydraulics on and hit the thumb switch the bucket will only tilt down but just floats when I let go of the thumb switch. I don't see any fluid leaking anywhere. I'm one of those guys that's mechanically inclined but don't have a lot of experience with these machines. I've diagnosed/repaired few problems and recently rebuilt the drive motors with help from this site. Any help with this problem would be much appreciated!

Tazza

Staff member
So, this is a hand control machine? or do you lift and tilt with foot pedal?
I'm almost wondering if the rod inside the tilt cylinder has come undone internally, causing the cylinder not to operate as it should. If so, easy fix reeally, remove the cylinder and replace the seals and re-attach the rod, hopefully no damage has been done inside.

Latest posts