bobcat 743 oil pump install

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jkach54

I bought a project bobcat 743. The engine was removed and completely disassembled. My question is about the engine oil pump install. Is there supposed to be a gasket between the oil pump halves? I see that there is one between the pump and block, but cant tell in the service manual if gasket between the pump halves. Another question . The engine gasket set comes with 3 different front cover gear case gaskets. There is no signs of old gasket to compare to. How do I know which front cover gasket to use?

foton

there I would think be a block#( engine ID plate) somewhere on the engine ,you should with some searching be able to know what year and series it is. And go from there.

OP
OP
J

jkach54

there I would think be a block#( engine ID plate) somewhere on the engine ,you should with some searching be able to know what year and series it is. And go from there.
the number stamped on the block is = V1702-7109

Tazza

Staff member
the 1702 is the displacement of the engine and is correct for that skid steer
From memory, there were no gaskets between the parts of the pump, only to the block.
If there was a gasket, the rotating pump parts will make contact with the gasket and bind up.