Bobcat 743 inner diameter of hydraulic hose connection?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

KC743

I replaced a hose in a pinch with a gates hose and connections from O'riellys automotive. The only difference I could see when they were done making it was the inner diameter of the connection is smaller than the one used before. My question is would this cause a loss of lifting power as it is the one going to the right lift ram. I feel as if I lost some lifting power. Thank you in advance guys.

1ofU

any reduction in size will make a different in flow . some are slight but if you go from 1/2 to 1/4 then you just reduce it by half ,
are you out of KC area by your screen name ??
Jess

OP
OP
KC743

KC743

any reduction in size will make a different in flow . some are slight but if you go from 1/2 to 1/4 then you just reduce it by half ,
are you out of KC area by your screen name ??
Jess
Hi Jess. Yes I am in KC. Go Royals!! lol I kinda had that feeling when I bought it and installed it. I was in a pinch. I was able to get the job done but now have much less lifting power than before. Not that the 743 is a monster either way but still much weaker. I should have known better. Thanks for your input. I'll have to go to Tompkins Industries or Quad Power products and get a correct one made. Ugh, I hate having to redo any repair.

1ofU

Hi Jess. Yes I am in KC. Go Royals!! lol I kinda had that feeling when I bought it and installed it. I was in a pinch. I was able to get the job done but now have much less lifting power than before. Not that the 743 is a monster either way but still much weaker. I should have known better. Thanks for your input. I'll have to go to Tompkins Industries or Quad Power products and get a correct one made. Ugh, I hate having to redo any repair.
Hello,
I'm 2 hrs NE of KC.MO myself , i build severall different attachments for BC/Skidsteers
i get my hoses from Orschelns or my local John Deere dealer if i need one made up special , you should ck out your local Orschens or Tractor Supply as they should be able to fix you up with and 3/8 or 1/2 in hose you need .
Jess

Tazza

Staff member
Pretty sure the lift cylinder hoses on a 743is 1/2" ID.
If it is too small, it will reduce the flow, but you will not loose lifting power as you will still get the same pressure, just not as much fluid can pass through it.

Latest posts