bobcat 743 fuel rack stuck

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

I have a bobcat 743 mid 80s, has the manual fuel shutoff cable, the fuel rack is stuck in the closed position. I removed the fuel shutoff from the side of the block but the fuel rack will not move. I tried taking the injection pump out but it will not come out because I believe the fuel rack has to be in the open position before it will lift out. Any suggestions or ideas on how to get this rack unstuck? it is a V1702 engine thanks

antfarmer2

Fill it up with hoppies #9 gun oil and email Tazza in here his email is in his profile
Do not dig into it till you know what your doing sorry I can't be more help but have not had to mess with mine but pointed you to the best

Tazza

Staff member
Any luck I have one not letting fuel go through the pump wanting to get a idea of break down before getting into it
Does your fuel rack still move? if it's stuck, closed, you will get no fuel out of the pump.

Sadly, it is common for engines that have been sitting for the plungers or rack to lock up. Some times you can free them up with WD40, other times the elements have actually rusted due to fuel contamination, and need replacing.

Latest posts