Bobcat 641 aux hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

CorDEX

Hi everyone, I've been battling with my old 641 and backhoe for weeks and am finally at a loss. I've literally tried everything including swapping hoses! If I pull the lever to the left and hold it then it works fine, if I push right past the detent into continuous flow the hoses pulse but the acter just doesn't work. I'm left with the thought that the only thing left is somekind of interlock on the machine that I'm unaware of which is preventing hydraulic flow. Is there such a thing or should it just work when the right hand lever is pushed past the detent?

bobbari123

Hi. I am not sure , but i think that your problem might be inside that valve which is controlled with that right lever when moved to left and right. I´ll guess there is spool inside that valve , and your problem might be there. That spool provides your auxiliary pressure and return flow.

Tazza

Staff member
Hi. I am not sure , but i think that your problem might be inside that valve which is controlled with that right lever when moved to left and right. I´ll guess there is spool inside that valve , and your problem might be there. That spool provides your auxiliary pressure and return flow.
I replied to your other post
I'm at a loss as to why it wont work either, swapping the hoses at the couplers should have done it. As you have proven that the backhoe does work, but the lever needs to be the opposite direction.
Without the backhoe attached, what happens running at idle and moving the lever left and right, does the engine bog in both directions?

bobbari123

I replied to your other post
I'm at a loss as to why it wont work either, swapping the hoses at the couplers should have done it. As you have proven that the backhoe does work, but the lever needs to be the opposite direction.
Without the backhoe attached, what happens running at idle and moving the lever left and right, does the engine bog in both directions?
I suspect something like this: http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=61257 See that picture attached on that post. i know it is different valve , but i´ll bet that your aux spool has something broken inside or it has been assembled wrong. timing is everything when we are talking about spools. it has to open pressure flow but also open return flow.