bobcat 610 muffler

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

maineshops

any ideas what i can use for a muffler for my old 610? she just rusted out in the back and it gets pretty hot back there. like set the seat on fire. i slipped a coffee can over it till i get something else. YA its a folgers. thanks Guys. Dan way up there in northern maine

Atilathehun99

Best of luck in your search. I needed one for my 722 and was told by the Parts Dept. NLA. A whole lot of online searching and calls to suppliers came up zilch. I finally found a used, in decent condition, at my local dealer. For your 610 there has to be a used one some where out there, it may just may take some time.

OP
OP
M

maineshops

Best of luck in your search. I needed one for my 722 and was told by the Parts Dept. NLA. A whole lot of online searching and calls to suppliers came up zilch. I finally found a used, in decent condition, at my local dealer. For your 610 there has to be a used one some where out there, it may just may take some time.
i don't care if it is original. just anything that will work. i just hate to run a streight pipe

mark18mwm

On mine the exhaust manifold is threaded with 1 1/2" (i think) pipe thread and I have a nipple about 4" long threaded in and then slipped over that nipple a piece of exhaust from a auto parts store that fit the nipple, must be about 1 1/2 tubing. That piece of exhaust tube has a 90 degree bend that I have a small universal tractor muffler from our local farm supply store ( Mills Fleet farm around this area). Muffler just points back away from the machine. Hope that helps. Might have to go to the hardware store, auto parts store and farm supply store but it is a cheap fix that works well.

jerry

On mine the exhaust manifold is threaded with 1 1/2" (i think) pipe thread and I have a nipple about 4" long threaded in and then slipped over that nipple a piece of exhaust from a auto parts store that fit the nipple, must be about 1 1/2 tubing. That piece of exhaust tube has a 90 degree bend that I have a small universal tractor muffler from our local farm supply store ( Mills Fleet farm around this area). Muffler just points back away from the machine. Hope that helps. Might have to go to the hardware store, auto parts store and farm supply store but it is a cheap fix that works well.
That's what I did on my 610 also, some flex pipe and a tractor muffler. One thing about them was the overhead in the cage was perfect for mounting a west coast truck mirror on its side . Gives a good view of everything.

OP
OP
M

maineshops

That's what I did on my 610 also, some flex pipe and a tractor muffler. One thing about them was the overhead in the cage was perfect for mounting a west coast truck mirror on its side . Gives a good view of everything.
thanks all for your input that is just the info i needed. now if i can get the badly rusted old one off i'll be in shape. i thought i would fire it up and get it hot and squirt break free on the threads?