Bobcat 530 left lift cylinder hydraulic lines..which hose goes where??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ryork

I had to put a seal kit in the left lift cylinder. I cleaned the hoses that attach to the cylinder and now am not sure which goes where. Looking from the rear behind the battery is the connection point for the hoses. does the one on the left (nearest the side of the loader) connect to the rear of the cylinder or to the tube that runs to the front? Getting old, careless and forgetful is tough.. Thanks, ryork

Tazza

Staff member
I have done this before, if you can't trarce it simply put it on how you think it goes. Try lifting the arm amd if it twists you know its wrong, simply swap the hoses and you are good. You woun't cause any damage if you do it that way.
Good luck!

OP
OP
R

ryork

I have done this before, if you can't trarce it simply put it on how you think it goes. Try lifting the arm amd if it twists you know its wrong, simply swap the hoses and you are good. You woun't cause any damage if you do it that way.
Good luck!
Thanks Tazza..I've got 50% chance to get it right..Maybe I'll let my wife do it, she's pretty lucky.. To be a little more serious, I didn't know if it would mess anything up or not if I tried it and it was wrong. Thanks again, ryork

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza..I've got 50% chance to get it right..Maybe I'll let my wife do it, she's pretty lucky.. To be a little more serious, I didn't know if it would mess anything up or not if I tried it and it was wrong. Thanks again, ryork
I did it myself, i swore i had it the rite way around but no.....

OP
OP
R

ryork

I did it myself, i swore i had it the rite way around but no.....
Well, I got the cylinder apart, bought new parts, cleaned everything up, put it together, hooked up the hoses and got it right the first time. I was really feeling proud of myself, no leaks the arms went up and down just like they are supposed to work. Put it in the garage, walked into the workshop and there laying on the bench is my spacer..I guess I know what I will be doing tomorow.

Tazza

Staff member
Well, I got the cylinder apart, bought new parts, cleaned everything up, put it together, hooked up the hoses and got it right the first time. I was really feeling proud of myself, no leaks the arms went up and down just like they are supposed to work. Put it in the garage, walked into the workshop and there laying on the bench is my spacer..I guess I know what I will be doing tomorow.
LOL sorry, i had to laugh.....
Thankfully i haven't done that YET. Good luck fixing it up.

Chris611

I just blew a rod end seal on the lift arm on my 530. It looks like the cylinders have wire lock rod caps. Can you give me an idea of how you disassembled them? I have never taken apart a wire lock cylinder before. Thanks Chris

Tazza

Staff member
I just blew a rod end seal on the lift arm on my 530. It looks like the cylinders have wire lock rod caps. Can you give me an idea of how you disassembled them? I have never taken apart a wire lock cylinder before. Thanks Chris
I don't know exactly what type you have. Most are screw in, i have had ones you need to remove a clip from the top, push the gland into the cylinder and remove a retaining spring steel metal clip then pull the gland and rod out. Another has a slot cut in the side of the cylinder and has a spring steel retainer holding the gland in. I found turning the gland and using a screw driver when after finding the end of the retainer hold it outwards and keep turning the gland till its removed.
If thats not the style, can you take a picture of it?