Bobcat 530 hydraulic leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ryork

I have a small pinhole leak in the hose that runs from the oil cooler to a "T" fitting on the restrictor valve. It leaks about 1 to 2 quarts an hour during use. The line is a charge pressure line. The leak is in a clear section of hose about 18 inches long. Easy to get to. The problem is on the end by the "T" fitting. I believe I will have to pull the engine to get to it. Do they make a consumer installable connector that can be installed in the line if I cut it at the leak? I was told there is a fitting available somewhere that is inserted into each end of the cut hose and held in place by clamps with bolts. Anyone familiar with these connectors? This machine is just used for light duty and not commercial use.
Thanks

skidsteer.ca

If its is a standard hydraulic hose you should be able to buy 2 re useable hose ends say a #8 jic female for one and a #8 jic male for the other if it is a 1/2" hose. Install the ends and thread the two together.
However if the hose has a pin hole it may dieing do to old age.
Ken

OP
OP
R

ryork

If its is a standard hydraulic hose you should be able to buy 2 re useable hose ends say a #8 jic female for one and a #8 jic male for the other if it is a 1/2" hose. Install the ends and thread the two together.
However if the hose has a pin hole it may dieing do to old age.
Ken
Thanks skidsteer. I'm trying to find the reuseable ends locally, but living in a rural community makes it a little more difficult. I have been using the 530 to assist in building a workshop. After I finish the workshop I will replace the hose. Just needed a quick fix in the meantime. I have a nephew in St Louis that his job is making hydraulic hoses. I'll check with him and see what he has in his parts box.
Thanks

skidsteer.ca

Thanks skidsteer. I'm trying to find the reuseable ends locally, but living in a rural community makes it a little more difficult. I have been using the 530 to assist in building a workshop. After I finish the workshop I will replace the hose. Just needed a quick fix in the meantime. I have a nephew in St Louis that his job is making hydraulic hoses. I'll check with him and see what he has in his parts box.
Thanks
failing that try www.discounthydraulichose.com or www.surpluscenter.com
They are not real common because they are more bulky then press ons, but they are out there somewhere.
Ken