bobcat 453 lift sytem is locked

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

calialx1

My 453 has this problem were it intermidiantly locks the lift and bocut when i start it. Now its completely locked. the light on the bics (i believe) wont turn on when i start. occationly the traction lock does the same. Is there a cyliniod I can replce or check to fix this? i also have the cavitation problem and would love a service manual (pdf) if some one is kind enough to share one that would be great.

Tazza

Staff member
The solenoid is near the control block, on the 453 i have its attached to a seperate alloy block. There are a few causes though, it could be a bad sensor for the sear bar or seat. Its a safety device so it won't allow the arms to raise and possibly kill the operator while they try to climb out. I would start by ensuring that you drop the seat bar and the light lights up on the BICS box. Same with sitting down on the seat, that light should light up too.
Hopefully its as simple as a sensor or lockout coil.

OP
OP
C

calialx1

The solenoid is near the control block, on the 453 i have its attached to a seperate alloy block. There are a few causes though, it could be a bad sensor for the sear bar or seat. Its a safety device so it won't allow the arms to raise and possibly kill the operator while they try to climb out. I would start by ensuring that you drop the seat bar and the light lights up on the BICS box. Same with sitting down on the seat, that light should light up too.
Hopefully its as simple as a sensor or lockout coil.
thanks, ill check that out :)

OldMachinist

I scanned and uploaded the BICS troubleshooting guide from my 453 service manual.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjmniwnzkm2/453_BICS.pdf
If you can figure out which part of the system is causing the problem I'll scan the pages you need to service it.
I forgot to add that if you have the push to operate button there won't be a seat light on the BICS there will be a System Activated light instead. The troubleshooting for that light is light off button not pushed, 2 flashes means system activated circuit shorted to battery voltage(normal BICS voltage is less than battery voltage), 3 flashes means system activated circuit shorted to ground.