Bobcat 430 Stalling

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mm.bbruce

Thank you in advance for your help. I have a 2006 Bobcat 430 mini excavator. It has 2700 hours on it. Last fall this machine seemed to have been run through hell and back. We park the machine this summer because it was not operational at all. Ill kinda go over a breif timeline of whats happening here and detail as much as I possibly can. I pulled the machine from the jobsite to find the oil plug falling out/on the trailer leaking everywhere. Replaced plug, oil and filter... Machine ran fine for a couple days. Came back to the jobsite to find the machine rocked back stuck in a trench with diesel pooring from rear of machine. Machine blowing blue smoke constantly. pull machine out of ditch and now the machine is totally f****D. Bring back to the shop. New fuel filters(pre and the regular) fuel pump(pre-filter) and air filters. hydraulic filters and topped off all fluids. -Machine still runs like hell... Grab a buddy to help take a look and first thing he does is smell the engine oil. Engine oil smells like paint thinner(maybe diesel)... STRONG!!! no mistaking it. -Replaced filter and oil. Now, to get into the gritty. The machine blows no blue smoke unless at full+ throttle. What i mean is the throttle handle seems to push past its full range. I looked at the injector pump and the set screw still has 1/4" till at full throttle. this seems to be the range I can provoke the blue smoke(over reving). The machine bogs down or stalls when under any load when warm. When cold I can prop it up, push the hydraulics closed without stalling. The machine does not seem to have any problems until warm. The stall is more like letting out a clutch too hard with a short whine right before shutting off. Its unlike a fuel system failure. I dont believe it is deprived of fuel. The machine showed problems tracking last fall as well. For a breif time it wouldnt work, work, left work, no right, right, no left. Very arbitrary. I believe this machine does have the "fast track"\ I have an infarred camera and fancy thermometer. I do show 120-138 degrees at what i believe is the pump. Most of the hydraulics are at 98-107 degrees. I will be following this thread closely. I read of other machines having similar issues without much help or follow-up. Please comment with any suggestions. -I will be taking a video of this madness. I will post a link at that time. Thank you, Matt

Tazza

Staff member
Is it a turbo engine? Bad seals can give blue smoke.
Now, the fuel smell in the engine oil, lift pumps can go bad and allow fuel to get in the engine oil.

John hoover

I'm having close to the same issue. Bobcat 430 mini excavator. Starts and runs perfect no miss or smoke or noises. Run boom or blade down and as soon as it gets pressure on it then the engine bogs down and shuts off. Starts back up fine but will shut back down with pressure on the hydraulic system. Has good fuel flow and filters are clean. You can track it fine but can't really dig with it

Latest posts