Bobcat 310 total rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Oldsarge

Hi everyone. I inherited a310 from my Dad's estate. It is almost completely torn apart. I need advice on lots of aftermarket parts as I can't afford Bobcar prices. My repower choice, don't laugh, is Predator 459cc. Any suggestions on tires and rims. Should I go ahead and open the oil pit and clean it out. I need to replace all the hoses. What size belts that go to pump? My bucket is rusted through. I know that is alot but thanks for any ideas.

volkswagenvan

Your Predator 459cc is a slight bit smaller than the original but would work. Your looking at a big project ahead of you!
The hydraulic hoses add up in cost when you start replacing all of them. Been there!

OP
OP
O

Oldsarge

Your Predator 459cc is a slight bit smaller than the original but would work. Your looking at a big project ahead of you!
The hydraulic hoses add up in cost when you start replacing all of them. Been there!
Thanks Van, I sure do know about a big project. Just trying to figure out how to get the parts as inexpensive as possible. This isn't going to get a lot or use after I get her going.
Anyone know of aftermarket wheels and tires?

volkswagenvan

Watch your local market place like fb and check with tire shops that deal with larger equipment.
You may get lucky!

Volks

OP
OP
O

Oldsarge

Any suggestions on loading the cylinders with fluid before starting up for the first time. I rebuilt all four of them.

Rainer195

Hello, this is going to be a nice project.
I come from Germany and use a translation program because my English is not very good.
I have a 310 that I restored.
I switched some things to the metric system as it is easier to get in Europe.
I renewed some things that I mostly made myself. The "kohler K341" engine was completely overhauled, a new tank, the cabin, tailgate, parts of the shovel, all hydraulic lines and hoses and some other parts were made new.
I reconstructed some things with the 3D program Inventor.
Maybe I can be of help?

How can I upload pictures here?

Rainer195

pictures Even before the rims and tires were replaced
82b65fe2fe_album.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
28a3cca669_album.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
231af09d0e_album.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
d0a7789246_album.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

thedassler

Hello, this is going to be a nice project.
I come from Germany and use a translation program because my English is not very good.
I have a 310 that I restored.
I switched some things to the metric system as it is easier to get in Europe.
I renewed some things that I mostly made myself. The "kohler K341" engine was completely overhauled, a new tank, the cabin, tailgate, parts of the shovel, all hydraulic lines and hoses and some other parts were made new.
I reconstructed some things with the 3D program Inventor.
Maybe I can be of help?

How can I upload pictures here?
Hallo Rainer, da mein Deutsch beim Schreiben ziemlich schlecht ist und manche sagen würden, wenn ich es auch spreche, werde ich zum Übersetzen auch einen Herrn Google verwenden. Wo in Deutschland bist Sie? Ich bin in der Nähe von Siegen und es ist immer gut, mit anderen Leuten in Kontakt zu treten, die vielleicht gute Hinweise auf Rotluchsteile und so weiter haben.

(Original text)

Hello Rainer, as my German is pretty bad when writing, and some would say when I speak it too, I will also use a Herr Google to translate. Where in Germany are you? I am near Siegen an it is alway good to connect with other folks taht might have good leads to bobcat parts and whatnot.

Rainer195

I don't have any Bobcat parts except for a 2nd Kohler engine that was disassembled and a dented cab.
I work as a designer in a mechanical engineering company. I make most of the spare parts myself.
Many parts are also OEM. You just have to research something.
Can someone tell me which sealing kit I can use as an alternative for the hydraulic block.
Mine has a very slight leak and it probably won't get any better.
The original has the number: 6512795.
However, I find it outrageously expensive.

thedassler

I don't have any Bobcat parts except for a 2nd Kohler engine that was disassembled and a dented cab.
I work as a designer in a mechanical engineering company. I make most of the spare parts myself.
Many parts are also OEM. You just have to research something.
Can someone tell me which sealing kit I can use as an alternative for the hydraulic block.
Mine has a very slight leak and it probably won't get any better.
The original has the number: 6512795.
However, I find it outrageously expensive.
Hallo Rainer. Ja, Kürten ist nicht weit. Als Amerikaner reisen wir manchmal weiter, um eine gute Tasse Kaffee zu trinken oder Brot zu holen. Ich habe einen T190, der auch einige Lecks hat und etwas Pflege braucht. Aber im Moment steht es ganz unten auf der Liste und springt jedes Mal an, wenn ich es brauche, also fülle ich immer noch Öl nach und arbeite vorsichtig. Dein 310 sieht großartig aus und natürlich stellst du viele deiner Teile selbst her, dein Deutscher!! Das meine ich mit größtem Respekt!! Vor ein paar Jahren half ich einem Freund beim Einbau eines Getriebes in einen BMW M3. 14:30 Uhr an einem Samstag und er hatte kein Werkzeug zur Kupplungsausrichtung. Also fragte er mich, was wir brauchten, und 20 Minuten später stellte er eines auf einer Drehbank an. Passt perfekt und das Getriebe ist sofort verschraubt, nachdem die Kupplung neu ausgerichtet wurde. Ich habe gelernt, nichts weniger zu erwarten. :)

(original text)

Hello Rainer. Yes Kürten is not far. As an American, we will sometimes travel farther for a good cup of coffee, or to pick up bread. I have a T190, that also has some leaks and needs a bit of TLC. But it is low on the list at the moment and fires up everytime I need it, so I keep the oil topped up and work lightly. Your 310 looks amazing, and of course you make many of your own parts, your German!! I mean that with the upmost respect!! A few years back I was helping a friend put a transmission into a BMW M3. 14:30 on a Saturday and he didn't have a cluch allignment tool. So he asked me what we needed and 20 minutes later turned one out on a lathe. Fit perfect and the Transmission bolted right up after the clutch was realligned. I've learned to expect nothing less.

OP
OP
O

Oldsarge

Any ideas where I can find info on how to replace axle seals and bearings? This is getting to be a pain. Any ideas why one side has lug nuts and the other side has bolts to hold wheels on?

OP
OP
O

Oldsarge

I know mine isn't going to come close to Rsiner 310. Great looking Bobcat. I know that was a lot of work. I have mine disassembled and getting after the rust. The rear axles will most likely be the first parts going back on. I made a major mistake. I didn't measure the point to press the bearings back on. Anyone know where I can find that info? Manual is no help. And thanks to everyone for help and suggestions.

Latest posts