Bob-tach quick attachment system

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbie-g

Is there a spec published somewhere which lists interface dimensions for the bob-tach system? I want to make a handfull of plates so I can fab some attachments. The only way I can do that now is to measure my 751C front end and measure the plate on my Melroe bucket. So I don't really know what the spec is, only how these two pieces fit together. I measure the Bobcat front end as 44 1/4 inches wide and the bucket as 44 1/2 inches wide ID. So should I make the plates 44 1/2 inches ID, or add a bit of slop and make them 45" ID? I'd hate to bend and weld up several and find that they won't work with the next Bobcat. bobbie-g

500K_773

Bobbie-g
I measured the bob-tach for my bucket and it is 44 9/16" ID also. Some of the older Bobcats and smaller models use a smaller bob-tach plate. I know because I cannot use my father-in-laws Rooter for his 610. There are universal attachments that are wider, but they have the locator holes for the bottom pins at different spacings. I found a universal mounting plate diagram from Bradco that is 49.5" wide, note the four holes at the bottom for different machines. See the diagram at http://www.attachment.com/pdf/specsheets/Adapter Plates.pdf
I don't know how wide the mounting hardware is for other skidsteers, ie.: John Deere, Case, Cat, etc... If you find out please let me know because I am looking at building some of my own mounting plates also. Hope this helps.