Block heater via water

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brogan007

Does anyone see a reason NOT to install an in-line water heater/cold start/block heater in a Case 1845C ?
They're cheap...2" diameter in/out, 600Watts, 110v, and would seem like they'd work.
Scared to take off radiator, dump all fluid, install the damned thing if it's a mistake.

THEY SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA. iT MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING AT TRACTOR TRAILER SUPPLY PLACES OR SUCH TO TRY TO FIND A HI QUALITY ONE OR A BRAND THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE.GOOD LUCK ,EDWIN

jerry

THEY SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA. iT MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING AT TRACTOR TRAILER SUPPLY PLACES OR SUCH TO TRY TO FIND A HI QUALITY ONE OR A BRAND THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE.GOOD LUCK ,EDWIN
They work great, you won't take the radiator off though, they install in a freeze plug. Just check before though so you knock out the right one , wrong one it may not fit in. The tractor dealer should have the information you need.

jerry

Unless you are talking about a lower hose heater, never had one of those.

RonRock

Unless you are talking about a lower hose heater, never had one of those.
I have had a heater in my 1835 for many years. Wouldn't be without it. Mine is in the 3/4 inch heater hose. Heats the engine and starts even in the coldest weather.