bigger cylinder

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

downrigger

hi everyone i need to put in a new tilt cylinder.i have one that i will have change the end's on it not a big deal.the only thing is the one i want to put on is one inch bigger around.is this going to cause a problem with the machine that i'm not seeing??thank's jim

jerry

Since they are in pairs feeding from a common oil supply the larger one will move slower than the smaller one, if you have to then you have to but not a good idea. just my opinion though.

OP
OP
D

downrigger

Since they are in pairs feeding from a common oil supply the larger one will move slower than the smaller one, if you have to then you have to but not a good idea. just my opinion though.
I'm sorry i was not to clear on my message.my is a new holland l553 it has only one cylinder on the bucket for tilt.thank you

jerry

I'm sorry i was not to clear on my message.my is a new holland l553 it has only one cylinder on the bucket for tilt.thank you
Oh then I can't see any problem as long as it it designed for the same load as the original. You would hate to be loading something heavy and have the piston seals go south at the wrong time. It will be just a little slower because of greater oil capacity.

Mike10

Two problems. While the cylinder will operate slower it will also have considerably more power that could cause damage by overloading the loader components. The second problem is the face plate. There is a cutout in the face plate to conform to the cylinder when the cylinder is retracted. A larger cylinder will not fit in this cutout unless you cut out a bigger opening for the cylinder.

OP
OP
D

downrigger

Two problems. While the cylinder will operate slower it will also have considerably more power that could cause damage by overloading the loader components. The second problem is the face plate. There is a cutout in the face plate to conform to the cylinder when the cylinder is retracted. A larger cylinder will not fit in this cutout unless you cut out a bigger opening for the cylinder.
Thank you .i would not mine a little more tilt power could use it .but i don't want to hurt the machine.she will left about 1800 lb's but won't tilt it back.but again don't want to damage the machine.