best attachment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

Very dependent on what you want to do. My wish list includes rockhound, brushcutter, and post hole digger not in any order. Then a T300 to push them.

nailsbeats

4 in 1 all the way!
I have never used a standard bucket and i hope i never *need* to :)
My custom grapple bucket. I do most of my woods, firewood and tree work with it. Pretty much everything except spread gravel or dig compact soil. Then I use the smooth bucket or the tooth bucket. Out of all my attachments, it stays on the machine the most.

skidsteer.ca

My custom grapple bucket. I do most of my woods, firewood and tree work with it. Pretty much everything except spread gravel or dig compact soil. Then I use the smooth bucket or the tooth bucket. Out of all my attachments, it stays on the machine the most.
If I had to stay with one it would be solid floor grapple bucket with 2 independant grapple arms up top. I need to play with a 4 in 1 someday, but I'm still not convince they would replace a real grapple
Industrial Material Bucket
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
If I had to stay with one it would be solid floor grapple bucket with 2 independant grapple arms up top. I need to play with a 4 in 1 someday, but I'm still not convince they would replace a real grapple

Ken
It may just be our dirt or how i use my bucket, i could never give it up.
For example i have a pile of dirt from some trenches i dug, all are clay and shale. They are wet and super sticky. Its really hard to push into the pile and get a load so you simply open the 4 in 1 go over the top and push down, pull back while closing the bucket. Full load every time. Same with any pile of dirt. Effortless to fill and you get a full load every time, some are so full you tip forward. The only down side is the bucket weighs more than a standard dirt bucket does, so your lifting ability is lower.
As you can see i love my 4 in 1......

skidsteer.ca

It may just be our dirt or how i use my bucket, i could never give it up.
For example i have a pile of dirt from some trenches i dug, all are clay and shale. They are wet and super sticky. Its really hard to push into the pile and get a load so you simply open the 4 in 1 go over the top and push down, pull back while closing the bucket. Full load every time. Same with any pile of dirt. Effortless to fill and you get a full load every time, some are so full you tip forward. The only down side is the bucket weighs more than a standard dirt bucket does, so your lifting ability is lower.
As you can see i love my 4 in 1......
I think a 4 in 1 excells as a bucket, I'm just not sure they replace a grapple, But if you don't want to switch attachments they would be good too.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
I think a 4 in 1 excells as a bucket, I'm just not sure they replace a grapple, But if you don't want to switch attachments they would be good too.
Ken
To me my 4 in 1 really isn't an "attachment" to me as its sold as standard equipment over here. I do have a excivator attachment that i didn't use for around 2 years, i started doing a bit with it over the last 2 or so years and its amazing. All the work i did before with a crow bar and pick i can do 90% with the excivator with a LOT less sweat and sore back.
For the *best* attachment you really need to work out what you need to do. If you need to clear brush or mow large areas a brush cutter would be priceless. If you move a lot of hay around a bail spear would be a must. Moving logs a grapple bucket is ideal Fencing, an auger will save a lot of digging.
You can never have too many attachments!

Cam2

To me my 4 in 1 really isn't an "attachment" to me as its sold as standard equipment over here. I do have a excivator attachment that i didn't use for around 2 years, i started doing a bit with it over the last 2 or so years and its amazing. All the work i did before with a crow bar and pick i can do 90% with the excivator with a LOT less sweat and sore back.
For the *best* attachment you really need to work out what you need to do. If you need to clear brush or mow large areas a brush cutter would be priceless. If you move a lot of hay around a bail spear would be a must. Moving logs a grapple bucket is ideal Fencing, an auger will save a lot of digging.
You can never have too many attachments!
Skidsteer, In regards to the grapple bucket, when you say independent grapple arms.......does that mean they operate independently, I know that's sounds stupid...beings they are "Independent grapple arms"....but the reason I ask, is that my Cat only has 2 buttons on for my aux. Hydraulics....one opens and the other closes my current 4/1 bucket. How would the grapple arms operate independently with my set up? Thanks, Chris

Cam2

Skidsteer, In regards to the grapple bucket, when you say independent grapple arms.......does that mean they operate independently, I know that's sounds stupid...beings they are "Independent grapple arms"....but the reason I ask, is that my Cat only has 2 buttons on for my aux. Hydraulics....one opens and the other closes my current 4/1 bucket. How would the grapple arms operate independently with my set up? Thanks, Chris
....I would need at least 3 aux. Hydraulic buttons on my control?

Cam2

....I would need at least 3 aux. Hydraulic buttons on my control?
...can anyone read my posts? I have posted sveral times on here and never get a response. Wondering if I have something turned off on my computer or in my profile?

A remote controlled driver/operator. lol anyway A bucket or 4 in one bucket Sence the skidsteer was invented for it's purpose was moving dirt ect. nothing else working as good as a simple bucket.