Bent Quick Attach Grapple

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mortarsprayer

Hello. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with the Quick Attach Grapple. Mine was of poor quality from the factory. Specifically the pivot point holes had been made extra large to fit the pin. The best I can figure, their assembly jig was not good so they compromised by making the holes bigger! The first time I used my grapple to help a neighbor move some trees the top and bottom teeth bent over. I called to talk wit the owner but he was never available. I had to go back to work and didn't have time to chase them. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I sure wish I had followed my gut feeling and purchased the AnBo grapple instead. Best regards. Nolan

Tazza

Staff member
I have never used a grapple bucket so i can't advise on a good brand. Surly you can strengthen it up? Weld a plate over the pivot pin hole to give it a bit more body.
Pin holes should have a little clearance say .020 - .040" to compensate for any twisting that may occur when welding. Any more and all it does is allows crud to enter and cause wear.

OP
OP
M

Mortarsprayer

I have never used a grapple bucket so i can't advise on a good brand. Surly you can strengthen it up? Weld a plate over the pivot pin hole to give it a bit more body.
Pin holes should have a little clearance say .020 - .040" to compensate for any twisting that may occur when welding. Any more and all it does is allows crud to enter and cause wear.
Hello Taza, Thanks for the reply. This looks like a neat forum. I will see if I can take some pictures to post. The wallowed out holes from the factory are more like .200"+. I can almost wedge a pencil in there. The folded teeth can be fixed with a bunch of heat and then som ereinforcement but I am pretty disgusted to have to do this with something that has had so little use. I purchased this one because a friend was ordeing one at the same time. (his has bent as well). When I asked the salesman about their T1 steel versus the stronger AnBo steel, he said their steel was easier to fix if it ever needed straightened. I NEVER imagined that what he wasn't telling me was that I would be starightening their product so soon. BTW, I added a coment on the Utube video showing their grapple. They erased it and blocked any more posts. I guess I should make my own video showing the condition. I assume others have just straightend up the teeth and added more metal where there needs more. ??????? Take care, Nolan

Tazza

Staff member
Hello Taza, Thanks for the reply. This looks like a neat forum. I will see if I can take some pictures to post. The wallowed out holes from the factory are more like .200"+. I can almost wedge a pencil in there. The folded teeth can be fixed with a bunch of heat and then som ereinforcement but I am pretty disgusted to have to do this with something that has had so little use. I purchased this one because a friend was ordeing one at the same time. (his has bent as well). When I asked the salesman about their T1 steel versus the stronger AnBo steel, he said their steel was easier to fix if it ever needed straightened. I NEVER imagined that what he wasn't telling me was that I would be starightening their product so soon. BTW, I added a coment on the Utube video showing their grapple. They erased it and blocked any more posts. I guess I should make my own video showing the condition. I assume others have just straightend up the teeth and added more metal where there needs more. ??????? Take care, Nolan
Thats far too much clearance!
If it was built rite, it would never need straightening. They just used poor grade steel....

skidsteer.ca

Thats far too much clearance!
If it was built rite, it would never need straightening. They just used poor grade steel....
Post us some pictures when you get a chance. Which model and width was it and what size loaders have you and your buddy used them on.
Ken

Latest posts