Been there done that.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lancem

i would like to let you know about my day at ASV. i was given the chance to visit the ASV plant in minnisota and meet up with a couple of the tech guys . my first impression after my 19 hour drive was these people are great and so very friendly. i was given a tour of the plant and was touching and looking at things that most might say no to . i saw machines from bare frames in shipping jigs to half assembled to finished product. the people incharge of handling me were very,very, unrestricted in their imformation .there was no bullshitting and fan fare.i asked them questions and they asnwered. We did not split any neutrons but i was impressed. the quality of the product they make is second to none . i am a fan of american/canadian made equipment. for any company to source 98 % of components from our brothers and sisters who work in these two countries and use OUR workforce to make a product is a great thing nowadays. if you want to buy a offshore piece of equipment ,dont complain when your out of work.i am new to the compact loader /skid steer world, i do know equipment and quality when i see it. the build quality and robost construction says it all.you may use a CASE,BOBCAT,NEW HOLLAND,whatever,i think the people at ASV have a fantastic product with all the power and options you could ask for. the saying is "you get what you pay for". buy north american, keep our people working and let the offshore stuff stay offshore. thank you ASV for your time and service. now i got to sell my MD70 so i can get me one of those PT100 beasts P.S. MY NEW SIX WAY GROUSER DOZER BLADE IS ONE MEAN CHUNK OF STEEL.

frank123

Those factory tours are pretty amazing. I got a chance to go through the Deere skid steer/ CTL factory in Dubuque. There they start out as flat sheets of steel and you watch them come off the chassis dyno at the end of the line. Walked right down the aisles B.S.ing with the workers. One thing that amazed me was how much thought and effort went into making it efficient and safe for the assemblers. Very well thought out. They offer a "Gold Key" tour where you can watch your machine be built if you have one ordered. Walk along the line with it and fire it up when it's done. Pretty cool stuff. Also made in the USA by the way!

OP
OP
L

lancem

Those factory tours are pretty amazing. I got a chance to go through the Deere skid steer/ CTL factory in Dubuque. There they start out as flat sheets of steel and you watch them come off the chassis dyno at the end of the line. Walked right down the aisles B.S.ing with the workers. One thing that amazed me was how much thought and effort went into making it efficient and safe for the assemblers. Very well thought out. They offer a "Gold Key" tour where you can watch your machine be built if you have one ordered. Walk along the line with it and fire it up when it's done. Pretty cool stuff. Also made in the USA by the way!
ha frank,yes i would imagiane the deere tour would be great. they also make a great product. i was impressed also by the frames.asv has theirs made off site but local.the product is nothing less than tank quality. we all need to buy more north american stuff so we all can stay employed.to much crap comes into these two countries from others ,and i dont see them buying our stuff at the same rate. happy dirting to you

Jeffscarstrucks

ha frank,yes i would imagiane the deere tour would be great. they also make a great product. i was impressed also by the frames.asv has theirs made off site but local.the product is nothing less than tank quality. we all need to buy more north american stuff so we all can stay employed.to much crap comes into these two countries from others ,and i dont see them buying our stuff at the same rate. happy dirting to you
That sounds like a really cool deal. It is amazing to see a fab shop in action that turns out a quality finished product. I am amazed at the level of customer service that I have recieved while going through my old ASV machine. You can not buy a used Chevy pick-up and call the factory for info! Lance, I have not forgotten about sending you a copy of the MD70 sales literature. I am glad you got to do the tour and share it here as it reinforces the american quality standard no matter what the brand. I have recieved the same customer care level from Miller welders, another all American company, even when they were going out on a limb to help out. Thanks Again, JEFF

Jeffscarstrucks

That sounds like a really cool deal. It is amazing to see a fab shop in action that turns out a quality finished product. I am amazed at the level of customer service that I have recieved while going through my old ASV machine. You can not buy a used Chevy pick-up and call the factory for info! Lance, I have not forgotten about sending you a copy of the MD70 sales literature. I am glad you got to do the tour and share it here as it reinforces the american quality standard no matter what the brand. I have recieved the same customer care level from Miller welders, another all American company, even when they were going out on a limb to help out. Thanks Again, JEFF
P.S. Any pics or specs, or links on the blade?

OP
OP
L

lancem

P.S. Any pics or specs, or links on the blade?
ha jeff,no need to worry about the litrature,im overloaded here with the stuff i got from the factory and the people there . the blade i got is the original asv one shown in the parts book. it is made by grouser for asv and it is one beauty thing.extreamly tuff,huge cylinders and just plain tuff. fits on in minutes and is neat. i will remove the arms for weight reasons and clearence into my garage. it is not realy ment for snow as it has no trip springs but i will be slow and careful. i could sent you pictures via email .i bought the blade from a tech at asv. dam great bunch of people there. i went to there outlet store and i was in heaven with all the attachments,to bad my funds were limited ,or i would of got a fork attachment and a backhoe attachment and what the hell a snow blower too!!!. i think i want a pt100. hahah.

ams2020

>> we all need to buy more north american stuff so we all can stay employed. Canadian.. support trade with countries that pay honest wages and benefits. but if we really want to show our patriotism, we can start buying locally and encourage others to do the same.

OP
OP
L

lancem

>> we all need to buy more north american stuff so we all can stay employed. Canadian.. support trade with countries that pay honest wages and benefits. but if we really want to show our patriotism, we can start buying locally and encourage others to do the same.
well put .as the days pass and more people are out of work .people still want the cheapest stuff they can get away with. look at the source. made by our brothers and sisters in these two great countries is by far the best and ONLY way. help your own first, the others can wait!!!!!

Tazza

Staff member
So few people support local industry these days, if they can get it cheaper from china they won't give it a second thought. Then in a few years when the local guys have gone out of business, people will complain because there is no warranty service!
You are spot on with paying a fair wage, if china paid their workers the same as they do in the USA or Australia there would be no where near as many items being imported. How can you compete with paying a local guy $23/hour vs china at the same wage for a week! (ok, so i don't know what the average wage is in China, but its not a whole lot).
I personally would rather pay the higher price and get quality vs paying less and getting something that simply will not last.

Jeffscarstrucks

So few people support local industry these days, if they can get it cheaper from china they won't give it a second thought. Then in a few years when the local guys have gone out of business, people will complain because there is no warranty service!
You are spot on with paying a fair wage, if china paid their workers the same as they do in the USA or Australia there would be no where near as many items being imported. How can you compete with paying a local guy $23/hour vs china at the same wage for a week! (ok, so i don't know what the average wage is in China, but its not a whole lot).
I personally would rather pay the higher price and get quality vs paying less and getting something that simply will not last.
Well said gents...JEFF