Bearing on hydraulic piston

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

New825Guy

The bearing on the hydraulic piston that attaches to the BOB-TACH has broken. Can I buy a new bearing and have it welded to the Cylindre Rod or do I have to replace the piston? Fairly new at this and not 100% on how to go about the repair. I can remove the Hydraulic piston. Where do I look for a bearing?

OldMachinist

I assume you mean the rod end broke off.
 photo rodend_zps08274fe5.jpg

The rod end isn't available as a separate part but a hydraulic shop might be able to make and weld a new one on.

OP
OP
N

New825Guy

I assume you mean the rod end broke off.

The rod end isn't available as a separate part but a hydraulic shop might be able to make and weld a new one on.
It is an old machine and the end split and broke off. I thought I might be able to purchase the bearing and have a welding shop weld it back on for me. It looks like this may have been done before.

OldMachinist

It is an old machine and the end split and broke off. I thought I might be able to purchase the bearing and have a welding shop weld it back on for me. It looks like this may have been done before.
If you have or know someone with a lathe you can make one and have a shop weld it on. If you have to have a machine shop do it, it might be about the same to buy the new rod.