bc 773 hydraulic light coming on

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

treeguyinoh

Hello everyone. This is my first post here and i am happy to have found you guys. I have a bc 773, mid 90's(black arms), which the hydraulic light is coming on after a few minutes of use, when i open a valve to the arms fully. With my trencher on, the machine runs fine, even with the trencher running but not digging. If i put the teeth into the dirt the light immediatly comes on. If i shut the machine off for about 15-20 seconds, i can restart with no trouble and no light. the light stays off until i load the hydraulics with flow(trencher in dirt) or move arms up or down fast. Changed fluid, filter, probably a new sending unit tomorow. I am baffled. Is my pump going out? Any input would be great. Thanks, Dennis

Tazza

Staff member
I'd suspect its your charge pressure sender, if it still lifts and tilts just fine, your pump must be ok. The charge pressure senders do go bad though.
Lifting and tilting won't alter the charg pressure, its when you drive and the drive pump is working, this is where the charge pressure is needed.
It could be a case drain filter being plugged too i guess. Sorry i can't give you a set answer, its one of those situations that you need to check part after part.

OP
OP
T

treeguyinoh

I'd suspect its your charge pressure sender, if it still lifts and tilts just fine, your pump must be ok. The charge pressure senders do go bad though.
Lifting and tilting won't alter the charg pressure, its when you drive and the drive pump is working, this is where the charge pressure is needed.
It could be a case drain filter being plugged too i guess. Sorry i can't give you a set answer, its one of those situations that you need to check part after part.
Thanks Tazza, I will try to get my hands on a sender today. Hopefully that will fix it. The tractor is pretty clean and i havent seen a spot where the sender may be grounding out on its way to the light so hopefully its a $20 fix. Many thanks, I was getting a little nervous lol. Thanks, Dennis

mrfixitpaul

The 3 sensors that will turn the light on are charge pressure, hydraulic filter bypass, and hydraulic oil temperature, Disconnect one at a time and operate the machine to see which one is causing the problem. If light still comes on with all 3 disconnected ( and wires not touching and grounding out), there must be a short in the wiring somewhere.

OP
OP
T

treeguyinoh

The 3 sensors that will turn the light on are charge pressure, hydraulic filter bypass, and hydraulic oil temperature, Disconnect one at a time and operate the machine to see which one is causing the problem. If light still comes on with all 3 disconnected ( and wires not touching and grounding out), there must be a short in the wiring somewhere.
Charge pressure sender did the trick. Thanks a lot, i was just baffled. Dennis

Latest posts