Barreto TK1824 trencher used price question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

V65ozzie

I'm parting with my Barreto. It's been a good machine, but we are getting a new Toro which fits our needs better. Unfortunately there is not much online, so I'm having a hard time finding a price point. It's a 2009 machine, about 1200 hours, 42" bar with 6" cut. Decent tracks and ready to work. Any input? From what I've found, considering age and hours, I think around 6500 would be close, but I'm basing this on newer models I've found, and then rounding down.... I'm on the east coast, Barreto is on the west, so parts sourcing is a bit of a pain(another reason for the upgrade-just replaced a roller, expen$ive and a week to get) I've never been a personal fan of this machine, mechanically it's great, but it's the little things that turn me off, like the 4 cable track controls, they are a pain to set, and when a cable breaks, you end up having to reset them all. Granted, it doesn't break a lot, it's tough, but when something does go........... this is a rental machine, so it has to endure the "it's not mine, I don't care" attitude. It's well powered and runs the 42" bar fine. We are going to 36" bars on our stuff because in this area, that's pretty much all we need.

Tazza

Staff member
You have decided the same way i would, go for what other units that do the same job but different brand. If it works the same, why not ask similar prices? I bet they did when they were selling new.