Axle slack on 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Johnboy

On my 763g when I raise the front wheels off the ground there is about a quarter of an inch slack when you push and pull the wheel. Is this normal or do I have problems. Just recently the front seal have started weeping fluid. Are the bearings bad or is there a nut on inside that might have backed off a little. Thanks for any help.

wbecker

On my S160 I had some play, not near what you have. I replaced all 8 Axel berings (inner and outer) and cups (races). still had ply. I found ther is no adjustment. There is a very thick washer under the bolt on the axel inside the case. I machined it down to where I have about .010" - .015" play. 1/4" is way more tah a taperedroller bearing should have, amazes me the build a machine with no adjustment provided for the axle bearings.

wbecker

On my S160 I had some play, not near what you have. I replaced all 8 Axel berings (inner and outer) and cups (races). still had ply. I found ther is no adjustment. There is a very thick washer under the bolt on the axel inside the case. I machined it down to where I have about .010" - .015" play. 1/4" is way more tah a taperedroller bearing should have, amazes me the build a machine with no adjustment provided for the axle bearings.

brdgbldr

Bobcat actually has the "thick washers" in different sizes just for that purpose. They come with each side being a different indent and several sizes are available.

Latest posts