aux. qd connectors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cheerio

Can anyone recommend quick disconnect connectors for the aux. hydraulics that are easy to connect/disconnect even under pressure? The ones I have require you to push the male end into the female end and I no longer have the strength to do it easily. The collar on the female side does not move.

Tazza

Staff member
Sadly there s no coupler that will connect/disconnect easily under pressure, you need to release the pressure in the machine before hooking up.
Some manifolds that newer bobcat machines run have fittings that slide back into the manifold that releases pressure, but you need to really ush on them to get them to move when under pressure.
The only other way is to crack a line to let the pressure out before plugging in, messy, but some times you have no choice.

OP
OP
C

Cheerio

Sadly there s no coupler that will connect/disconnect easily under pressure, you need to release the pressure in the machine before hooking up.
Some manifolds that newer bobcat machines run have fittings that slide back into the manifold that releases pressure, but you need to really ush on them to get them to move when under pressure.
The only other way is to crack a line to let the pressure out before plugging in, messy, but some times you have no choice.
Unfortunately the recommended way to release the pressure - turning the key to the left - always blows a fuse and then the machine won't start at all. Haven't figured that one out yet.

Tazza

Staff member
Unfortunately the recommended way to release the pressure - turning the key to the left - always blows a fuse and then the machine won't start at all. Haven't figured that one out yet.
That's a weird on, i thought the switch to the left operated the aux hydraulic solenoids, if they work with the right thumb switch, no reason for them to blow a fuse....

OP
OP
C

Cheerio

That's a weird on, i thought the switch to the left operated the aux hydraulic solenoids, if they work with the right thumb switch, no reason for them to blow a fuse....
The buttons to turn on the aux hydraulics is up on the right and they work with the right thumb switch. According to the manual before you turn off the machine you should turn the key to the left and that's supposed to relieve the pressure but instead it blows a fuse.

foton

The buttons to turn on the aux hydraulics is up on the right and they work with the right thumb switch. According to the manual before you turn off the machine you should turn the key to the left and that's supposed to relieve the pressure but instead it blows a fuse.
I am just throwing this out there but obviously no fuse should pop,(if it is the correct amperage for that circuit) so if you can trouble shoot the wire at fault and correct it's problem maybe all will start to work as it should.