AUX HYDRAULICS

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ggeh

I have a case uniloader 1830. I would like to install a thumb on my bucket or a grapple so I can pick up tree branches. The problem is I don't have aux hydraulics on this machine and I don't know what parts I need or where I can tap into the system to make this work. If someone out there could walk me threw this I sure would appreciat that. Thanks, Gary

charger

don`t know exactly the system case is running but you can install a electric diverter valve on your bucket tilt hydraulics,when you would press the button and apply your hydraulic bucket lever it will be diverting the oil to the thumb,when not pressing the button oil would then go to your bucket tilt

Tazza

Staff member
don`t know exactly the system case is running but you can install a electric diverter valve on your bucket tilt hydraulics,when you would press the button and apply your hydraulic bucket lever it will be diverting the oil to the thumb,when not pressing the button oil would then go to your bucket tilt
That would work, i have seen a setup like that to a thumb switch for a tilt tach on a 4 in 1 bucket. It was plumbed into the aux hydraulic lines but i see no reason why you can't swipe power off the tilt if needed.

OP
OP
G

ggeh

That would work, i have seen a setup like that to a thumb switch for a tilt tach on a 4 in 1 bucket. It was plumbed into the aux hydraulic lines but i see no reason why you can't swipe power off the tilt if needed.
This sounds like it will work. Just an other question, I've got a parts and service manual for this machine. It shows a kit for the aux hydraulics and it consist of a divertor valve and a cotrole valve and the piping, but its not availible any more and the parts guy at case said he could fix me up with what I need but its very costly like $2000. too much to stick in that old of machine. Do Yo know how I can do this and still keep the cost down? Thanks, Gary

Tazza

Staff member
This sounds like it will work. Just an other question, I've got a parts and service manual for this machine. It shows a kit for the aux hydraulics and it consist of a divertor valve and a cotrole valve and the piping, but its not availible any more and the parts guy at case said he could fix me up with what I need but its very costly like $2000. too much to stick in that old of machine. Do Yo know how I can do this and still keep the cost down? Thanks, Gary
The only other way i can see is to install a seperate control vavle and plumb it into your existing hydraulic circuit. The only problem is the system is designed to run without having fluid diverted with another control block. I honestly think the best way would be to use an electric directional valve. When its in neutral it allows fluid to flow to your tilt ram and energized to the aux hydraulics. This way it will have minimal on time. The cost of this i would think would only be a couple of hundred bucks including hoses etc.

farmboy55

The only other way i can see is to install a seperate control vavle and plumb it into your existing hydraulic circuit. The only problem is the system is designed to run without having fluid diverted with another control block. I honestly think the best way would be to use an electric directional valve. When its in neutral it allows fluid to flow to your tilt ram and energized to the aux hydraulics. This way it will have minimal on time. The cost of this i would think would only be a couple of hundred bucks including hoses etc.
That is what we did on my cuz's tractor. His frt loader bucket is the same as a skidsteer. We took a hyd cylinder and made a power tach. when you want to change buckets, hit the button with your foot to change the flow and use your tilt lever for the power tach. So far it's worked good. dennis

OP
OP
G

ggeh

I don't have any previous knowledge in hydraulics so when your explaining about an electric diverter valve I could use, is it possible to go into more depth with maybe a picture, a part number, a web sight? I know this is basic stuff to you guys but I haven't been there yet. I can do the work if I can under stand what I am doing. Do I put a tee fitting in the two lines that connect to one of my tilt rams and run an in and an out to this diverter valve. Can you be more specific about a diverter valve that might work in this application? This is a 12 volt system on this machine. Maybe if you could draw me a picture so I can get an idea of the type of circuit your talking about. Thanks, Gary

Tazza

Staff member
I don't have any previous knowledge in hydraulics so when your explaining about an electric diverter valve I could use, is it possible to go into more depth with maybe a picture, a part number, a web sight? I know this is basic stuff to you guys but I haven't been there yet. I can do the work if I can under stand what I am doing. Do I put a tee fitting in the two lines that connect to one of my tilt rams and run an in and an out to this diverter valve. Can you be more specific about a diverter valve that might work in this application? This is a 12 volt system on this machine. Maybe if you could draw me a picture so I can get an idea of the type of circuit your talking about. Thanks, Gary
It is a rectangular block with 2 electromagnetic coils, one at each end. When one end is energized it pulls the spool to that end allowing fluid to flow in a specific path. When power goes to the opposite coil the spool is pulled to the other end allowing the fluid to take a different path.
The way you will need to tap into the system is to cut the lines feeding the ram you wish to use power from. Feed these to the common connections of the directional valve. Work out which end you wish to hook back to the ram and the other end will go to the aux connection.
You will really need to talk to a hydraulic supply shop for the valve, it should have a diagram of how it is to be plumbed up. You really should get a hydraulic hose shop to fit it up too, as they will have the fittings. You will need to know the flow rate of the pump too, if its too small for the job it will heat up because it will be causing a restriction. It will also cause slower action of the ram.
Talk to a hydraulic shop, they will understand exactly what you wish to do.

farmboy55

It is a rectangular block with 2 electromagnetic coils, one at each end. When one end is energized it pulls the spool to that end allowing fluid to flow in a specific path. When power goes to the opposite coil the spool is pulled to the other end allowing the fluid to take a different path.
The way you will need to tap into the system is to cut the lines feeding the ram you wish to use power from. Feed these to the common connections of the directional valve. Work out which end you wish to hook back to the ram and the other end will go to the aux connection.
You will really need to talk to a hydraulic supply shop for the valve, it should have a diagram of how it is to be plumbed up. You really should get a hydraulic hose shop to fit it up too, as they will have the fittings. You will need to know the flow rate of the pump too, if its too small for the job it will heat up because it will be causing a restriction. It will also cause slower action of the ram.
Talk to a hydraulic shop, they will understand exactly what you wish to do.
I have some paper wrk in my trk. I'll see if I can get you a website. dennis