Aux Hydraulic retention pin in handle?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

evening guys, i'm refering to my lx565 but it's probably a general fix my Aux handle (the right side handle) won't stay locked because the small "L" shaft is loose and keeps falling down , allowing the handle to pivot. i've been to Messick's .com for a parts breakdown but it's not clear to me how the pin is able to stay in the up position. the "L" shaft does have small detent in it ..can someone explain? TIA, steve

mllud

Steve
If you slide the L shaped pin all the way down you can feel a grove cut in the shaft. That is for a spring loaded detent ball.
With the L pin up in the locked position There is a aprox. 1/4 inch hole that lines up with the grove. The hole is on the back side facing the operator.The spring and detent ball are on the opposit side of the L pin in line with that hole.
Now to explain the purpose of that hole.If you take the roll pin out that keeps the L pin from sliding out the bottom and remove the L pin. Then the spring and detent ball will come out of that 1/4 inch hole. After cleaning and lubricating the spring and detent ball that hole gives you access to hold the spring and detent ball in while you reinstall the L pin and then ,install the roll pin that keeps the L pin from sliding out the bottom.
You may get buy with spraying WD 40 around the L pin while in the up position and working it up and down.The spring and detent ball are just dry and sticking. Its a pain to rmove the handle and drive that roll pin out.
I hope my directions are understandable. If not ill try again Mike

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

Steve
If you slide the L shaped pin all the way down you can feel a grove cut in the shaft. That is for a spring loaded detent ball.
With the L pin up in the locked position There is a aprox. 1/4 inch hole that lines up with the grove. The hole is on the back side facing the operator.The spring and detent ball are on the opposit side of the L pin in line with that hole.
Now to explain the purpose of that hole.If you take the roll pin out that keeps the L pin from sliding out the bottom and remove the L pin. Then the spring and detent ball will come out of that 1/4 inch hole. After cleaning and lubricating the spring and detent ball that hole gives you access to hold the spring and detent ball in while you reinstall the L pin and then ,install the roll pin that keeps the L pin from sliding out the bottom.
You may get buy with spraying WD 40 around the L pin while in the up position and working it up and down.The spring and detent ball are just dry and sticking. Its a pain to rmove the handle and drive that roll pin out.
I hope my directions are understandable. If not ill try again Mike
thanks mike, i never saw the small hole and it wasn't on any diagrams i looked at will try to fix it this morning, steve