attatchment building

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dlong

i am working on a tiller attatchment and dont know what hydro motor to put on it.I have a t250 and its not a high flow.The tiller is a 5 ft 3pt tiller,any ideas would help Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
You really need to work out how much speed and torque you require. HI flow is really only an issue if you need high speed at high torque. It has the same pressure just more oil. There would be charts somewhere to tell you how many GPM and what pressure will give you X horse power or KW for the job. I really don't know just how much is needed though...

skidsteer.ca

You really need to work out how much speed and torque you require. HI flow is really only an issue if you need high speed at high torque. It has the same pressure just more oil. There would be charts somewhere to tell you how many GPM and what pressure will give you X horse power or KW for the job. I really don't know just how much is needed though...
Well seen as its a 3 pt tiller, you know it has either been designed to run at 540 or 1000 rpm dependiing on the tiller.
The next quetion you need to ask yourself is do you intend to always use it on a hi flow loader. If you do, you can use a higher volume motor that will give a higher torque figure at the desired rpm of either 540 or 1000 rpm and the tiller will stall less often.
However the 54" tiller I have works well on standard flow of 13 to 18 gpm at 2500 to 3000 psi and is not underpowered in the least. I not aware of any skidsteer tillers that are designed for hi flow, although they may exists.
Ken

OP
OP
D

dlong

Well seen as its a 3 pt tiller, you know it has either been designed to run at 540 or 1000 rpm dependiing on the tiller.
The next quetion you need to ask yourself is do you intend to always use it on a hi flow loader. If you do, you can use a higher volume motor that will give a higher torque figure at the desired rpm of either 540 or 1000 rpm and the tiller will stall less often.
However the 54" tiller I have works well on standard flow of 13 to 18 gpm at 2500 to 3000 psi and is not underpowered in the least. I not aware of any skidsteer tillers that are designed for hi flow, although they may exists.
Ken
I dont need it to be hi flow i just dont want to use something that will hurt my machine,you think a 20 gpm motor would work on it?

skidsteer.ca

If you go to www.surpluscenter.com and get a catalog they have the equations for finding hp to hydraulics and they sell really good stuff at a great price. Hope this helps Brent.
If you search the net for hydraulic formulas you will find ones where you plug in your gpm of you loader and the rpm you want the motor to turn and it will tell you what cubic inch volume you would need in a motor to get 540 rpm.
Also with your pressure and flow you can figure hydraulic horse power too.
The folks at www.surpluscenter.com will help with this also if you like.
Ken