ASV MD-70

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nunolambuca

Hi
New owner of a 1998 md79.
Need to start by rebuilding boom lift and tolt cylinders. It is drooping. Can't find online seal kit for these. Ideas? Partnumbers?

Thanks
Nuno

Jim A

Check skid plate that it is not hitting hydraulic pumps above.
Mine had pumps snap off engine mount when machine was on a stump .
Skid plate on mine is thin aluminum and was tight up against pumps.
I made 1/4 steel plate dropped 2 in lower to protect pumps .
Terex Ro 70 ASV 2015.

I highly doubt it will be cylinders considering your say both lift and tilt are very weak. Gear pumps normally start failing close to 5000 hrs

OP
OP
N

nunolambuca

I highly doubt it will be cylinders considering your say both lift and tilt are very weak. Gear pumps normally start failing close to 5000 hrs
But if pump weak it would lift slowly, right?... but it actually lifts fast and loaded.
I was wondering valve control block? Or that spring valve, but cant find any guidance on that also...

Well not necessarily !

The gears on the pump could start off good and as it spins it could get weak or under load.

I would check relief valve and then the pump

Gonzogravy

Here is a parts list.
This place has all the parts for your machine. You can find cheaper bearings with part numbers off of the part itself for some things. Not sure I would go right at the pump as the culprit.
Change the hydraulic filters and cut in to your old ones and look for debris. Also check the magnet in the reservoir .
you can get the parts diagram for the pump online too. Is the hydraulic fluid level full? It should be within 1" of the fill cap.

Attachments

• MD-70.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 113

Jim A

Those pumps have a plastic drive which is on flexplate on flywheel can strip teeth off also .