arm problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jbo636

I havin problem with lowering the arm on my 1845c. when I lift the arms they lift at the correct speed, but when I lower the arms, they move very slowely. sometime they'll move fast and probably !/4 of the way down they move slow again. What you guys think, I'm new to the stuff.

Tazza

Staff member
It sounds like you have something stuck under your pedals as you say some times it works correctly. Some machine have anti-capitation valves that cause problems like this too, if they slip out of where they should be they plug up the ports causing slow movement.
I'd start by checking your linkages and ensure they are tight, check that nothing is stuck under the pedals.

OP
OP
J

jbo636

It sounds like you have something stuck under your pedals as you say some times it works correctly. Some machine have anti-capitation valves that cause problems like this too, if they slip out of where they should be they plug up the ports causing slow movement.
I'd start by checking your linkages and ensure they are tight, check that nothing is stuck under the pedals.
so would need to lift up the foot rest plate to see this. where would i need to look.

skidsteer.ca

so would need to lift up the foot rest plate to see this. where would i need to look.
No sure just where your valve is on a 1845, but just follow the linkages from the boom controls on top of the steering levers down to where the valve is. Make sure the spool that is conected to the down side of the lift linkages is traveling full stroke. Sometimes as the linkages wear the pivots and pins in them get loose, which results in the vavle spool not getting full stroke (not opening fully) hence the slow movement.
Ken

OP
OP
J

jbo636

No sure just where your valve is on a 1845, but just follow the linkages from the boom controls on top of the steering levers down to where the valve is. Make sure the spool that is conected to the down side of the lift linkages is traveling full stroke. Sometimes as the linkages wear the pivots and pins in them get loose, which results in the vavle spool not getting full stroke (not opening fully) hence the slow movement.
Ken
cool man all check it out, by the way I'm going to get you those pics of the valve. I finally find it on my brother 1845c. I've been so busy working mine that I haven't got a chance to take a pic of the valve. I want to make sure I get you a good pic of the valve. I cleaned my brothers valve as best as possible so you can see where the hoses go. there was so much grease on the pump you could barely see the hoses. Man I need the aux bad I feel I do more work than the tractor does. lol!