Are New Holland and Case the same product?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mountain Man

I am getting ready to buy a new New Holland skid steer with hand-only controls since my legs are bothering me at my age. I was watching a youtube video and saw a factory with employees holding both a New Holland banner and a Case banner. Does that mean they are basically the same skid steer now? If so, what are the differences?

JDWY

I'm by no means a skid steer authority, but by reading the features of both, plus structural design I don't think so. I was talking to the CaseIH/NH parts man a while back and when the "who owns who" subject came up, he launched into a recital of all the brands that are "familied" together and owned by this corporation and that corporation. But of course that doesn't mean they are making each others products. And a major player behind many of them is Fiat. They also seem to switch around a LOT. I remember there was Allis Chalmers, then something else Chalmers (or Allis), now it's Fiat Allis. Some members on here did say there was a certain year or two where New Holland made the John Deere skid steers.

PrivadoMason

For all intents and proposes, they are the same machine. Now, up until 2017, I'm pretty sure the paint is the only difference. CNH is the conglomerate they belong to. Around 1999, I think, they began "working together". In 2011 (I may be wrong) they started making these new 200/Alpha Series machines. I THINK that the radial machines are the brain child of Case and the vertical machines are New Hollands respectively.... I think. But they are the same, except for some aesthetics obviously.

mllud

For all intents and proposes, they are the same machine. Now, up until 2017, I'm pretty sure the paint is the only difference. CNH is the conglomerate they belong to. Around 1999, I think, they began "working together". In 2011 (I may be wrong) they started making these new 200/Alpha Series machines. I THINK that the radial machines are the brain child of Case and the vertical machines are New Hollands respectively.... I think. But they are the same, except for some aesthetics obviously.
In the late 90's John Deer and new New Holland shared the same frame. I think the boom /cage and the running gear were different. Now case is sharing is new to me. I quit looking at the new stuff $$$. I am stuck with my old 96 LX865 Mike