New Holland lx985

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dirtsurgeon

Hello from Arizona. I'm trying to help a friend out.
He has access to an lx985 that has been stored in a container for the past 5 yrs. Of course the batteries are dead but my question is, is there away to release the transmission or the wheels so we can at least drag it out of the connex to work on it. Thanks

brdgbldr

Hello from Arizona. I'm trying to help a friend out.
He has access to an lx985 that has been stored in a container for the past 5 yrs. Of course the batteries are dead but my question is, is there away to release the transmission or the wheels so we can at least drag it out of the connex to work on it. Thanks
I'm not familiar with your specific machine, but here are a few things you can try.

If it is a manual control, you can try pushing the levers in the direction you want to drag the machine. On some machines this will open the valve and allow the motors to turn.

You can disconnect the hoses from the motors. This is messy. You will need to cap and or plug the hoses but do not cap or plug the motors. When you move the machine the oil from the motors will come out as they turn. Also, try to clean the motors and hoses before trying this to keep dirt out of the system. And mark the hoses so you can put them back correctly.

OP
OP
D

Dirtsurgeon

Thanks Brdgbldr, appreciate the input. It's almost impossible to do anything while it's in the container. I'm thinking I might just throw a bit of oil on the floor and yank it out with 4wd dually.
At least I might be able to see what I'm doing.
Thanks again