Another High Flow Conversion Thread!....

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Smooth_Operator

Hey all, first a short introduction. I've been around equipment and many of the industries folks on here are apart of. I'm new to the Forum, but have utilized it many times in the past. (thanks for the free knowledge) - Anyway, lets get right to it. I am in the process of researching the process(s) of converting, or upgrading in some cases, a skid steer/CTL to High Flow and have found a lot of the information i believe is necessary; however i still have a ways to go and plenty of questions unanswered. - I understand it is feasible to do (I know Shane (the tool) did a conversion on a Bobcat T300 back in 2009 if i remember correctly) That thread was very helpful, however (and please don't think I'm complaining here) I really would have liked if Shane had included a parts list, procedure, source list etc... These are some of my issues I'm running into. I also recall a couple of users on here mention "High Flow Kits" available for certain makes - a company out of Florida if i remember correctly. If anyone knows anything about this, any information, advice, direction, or insight would be greatly appreciated. - Also, my understanding of the process to convert or upgrade to high flow, the Aux. pump must be changed or an additional pump may be added to existing Aux. pumps in some cases; the hydraulic oil cooler needs to be upgraded, the line sets need to be upgraded if in a case where only one pump is being used; and (probably the hardest - most confusing for me) the electronics must be upgraded to except/recognize the new high flow pump. - Sorry this turned into a longer post than I intended. Again any info. insight, direction or advice would be appreciated. Looking to do conversion/upgrade on any common carrier make (CAT, Bobcat, Takeuchi, CASE, JD, Ghel, Terex) wanting to convert from Standard Flow to a High Flow of at least 38gpm.

Tazza

Staff member
Looking forward to seeing how you go with it, there is a lot of work involved, the only issues you'll really have that i can think of are bottle necks, hoses or tube lines that are too thin to carry that much oil.
If you do go that route, i'd like to see pictures.

OP
OP
S

Smooth_Operator

Looking forward to seeing how you go with it, there is a lot of work involved, the only issues you'll really have that i can think of are bottle necks, hoses or tube lines that are too thin to carry that much oil.
If you do go that route, i'd like to see pictures.
Yes thats the truth, I've been studying this "theory" for some time now. I know it's possible to accomplish but lots of study, planning, & some engineering involved. My biggest conundrum is obtaining information on what pumps will work with different set ups. Some manufacturers are proprietary, others not. Some carriers don't seem to have the physical room to add a HF pump or do a complet replace with a bigger pump altogether. Differences in Variable pumps & gear pumps. My hope is turning up some information or source on either some sort of "HF pump upgrade" package or find information or someone that knows about the requirements to do this. I'm looking into a couple different options on bigger SF machines to begin the R&D process on. (We need a regular CTL anyway) As far as adding new hard lines, hoses, Aux. cooler, etc.. I don't think will be all that big of an issue. Maybe with the initial routing from the pump itself. But getting the correct pump set up is my major problem at this point. Figure that out and it's all down hill from there... anyway that's what I tell myself. I will definitely document the process, pics included. I know better than to talk with you guys about it, and not share the good stuff. Thanks for the reply. God bless, take care till next time.