An opinion on a 963

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stonehands

Looking for a general opinion for the group. I currently have a good running 863 F Turbo. Very happy with it. Some leaks I have to sort out but overall very happy with it. I do a lot of work with it on my property. Have a grapple from Eagle Talon, Forks, round bale spear and a nice 811 backhoe attachment. I was just told of a very clean 1999 963 for sale. Overall opinions? I know it is a bigger unit with HP in the 103 range compared to my current 73 horse. It has 2 speed and a new bucket for it. On the walk around it was very clean and not just painted. Is the 963 overrated in terms of what it can do above and beyond what my 863 can do? Cost is just under $10k. Thank you.

[email protected]

for under 10k thats a steal, buy it and resell if you dont like it. any good skid under 10k thats not ancient is a good deal. i dont know much about the 9 series other than they are absolutely massive

Tazza

Staff member
for under 10k thats a steal, buy it and resell if you dont like it. any good skid under 10k thats not ancient is a good deal. i dont know much about the 9 series other than they are absolutely massive
I agree that the price seems great too, i have never seen a 9 series machine forst hand, but i hear they are really big too. Big machines are great for moving lots of material fast, but don't seem to be as nimble as the smaller machines are.
I have an S150 and an S250, the 250 is great for power, but the S150 is the main machine i use as it's small and easy to move in hard to get to places.

OP
OP
S

Stonehands

I agree that the price seems great too, i have never seen a 9 series machine forst hand, but i hear they are really big too. Big machines are great for moving lots of material fast, but don't seem to be as nimble as the smaller machines are.
I have an S150 and an S250, the 250 is great for power, but the S150 is the main machine i use as it's small and easy to move in hard to get to places.
All good points boys and much appreciated. I paid $9k for my 863 with a new bucket and have not put anything into it other than fluids and filters. As to the size, she is noticeably bigger than my 863 but not much of a bigger footprint. I use my 863 in wide open spaces, fence rows taking out trees, brush hogging, moving dirt. Size would not be a factor. My 863 gets it done but the girl has to really grunt sometimes on stumps and picking up large rocks and pushing dirt. Thank you

farmshop

All good points boys and much appreciated. I paid $9k for my 863 with a new bucket and have not put anything into it other than fluids and filters. As to the size, she is noticeably bigger than my 863 but not much of a bigger footprint. I use my 863 in wide open spaces, fence rows taking out trees, brush hogging, moving dirt. Size would not be a factor. My 863 gets it done but the girl has to really grunt sometimes on stumps and picking up large rocks and pushing dirt. Thank you
We looked at a 963 at one time and them things are just big. Makes a 873 look small

bobbie-g

We looked at a 963 at one time and them things are just big. Makes a 873 look small
Stonehands, don't forget to change the timing belt and tensioner in the 863. My 863 O&M manual says to replace both every 3000 hrs or 5 years. :) ---Bobbie-G

Latest posts