AM/FM radio signal problems, Bobcat T66

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Blue-Rider

I recently purchased a 2023 Bobcat T66 and noticed the radio reception is awful, almost like it isn't connected to the antenna on the outside of machine. This machine has the 7" deluxe touch screen that was installed at the factory. I am the second owner so not sure if this has been an issue from Day 1. I only get a couple of radio stations and even those don't come in super clear. My DeWalt jobsite radio or other radios with antennas come in better. All tractor radios come in better. And thid issue is during the day with the LED lights off. So its not an interference problem that sometimes happens with LED lights. Appreciate any ideas or guesses or if others have experienced the same thing with their machines!

Yep it's broke

I recently purchased a 2023 Bobcat T66 and noticed the radio reception is awful, almost like it isn't connected to the antenna on the outside of machine. This machine has the 7" deluxe touch screen that was installed at the factory. I am the second owner so not sure if this has been an issue from Day 1. I only get a couple of radio stations and even those don't come in super clear. My DeWalt jobsite radio or other radios with antennas come in better. All tractor radios come in better. And thid issue is during the day with the LED lights off. So its not an interference problem that sometimes happens with LED lights. Appreciate any ideas or guesses or if others have experienced the same thing with their machines!
2022 T66 and 2023 T76 both new both deluxe monitor radio part of, same issue. Was told just the way it is. I might try putting an in-line signal booster. Also notice if phone is charging it is worse, I can only hear 1/3 of the news instead of 1/2.

Last edited:

2024BobcatS66

I've got a 2024 S66 with the same problem of poor radio reception. Has anyone found a solution to help it out? Is it something as simple as grounding the radio or antenna better?

mrbb

NOt sure at all if your OEM radio is compatible with SIRUS XM or not, but they run specials all the time for like 60 bucks a yr, and that should eliminate signal issues in most location
and if your into clear sound and music, 60 a yr isn't bad I gather !!
if OEM isn't compatible, maybe can add a radio that is? and use existing speakers
I would think BOBCAT would know how to do this too, by now, as I know a few folks that have set ups in there machines9NOT BOBCAT, but like yr machines)

SkidTracks

I've got a 2024 S66 with the same problem of poor radio reception. Has anyone found a solution to help it out? Is it something as simple as grounding the radio or antenna better?
Try replacing the Antenna itself. Antenna simply unscrews from base.
You can use a few feet of wire and some tin-foil to simulate an Antenna. Or take Antenna off another machine which has working radio for quick test.

You can check antenna cable for open / shorted with ohm-meter. However, getting to both ends is a pain, you have to remove interior cover panels.

Radio end is a tiny plug/jack similar to ones on cellular alarm system panels. You will need a small diameter probe like a needle or small piece of solid copper wire to make contact with center conductor.
Center conductor should not be shorted to outer conductor (metal braided shield).
Center conductor should show connected from end to end, same for braided shield.

There is an extension cable between new style radios going to old style antenna & cable, which is located behind plastic access door on left overhead side. Make sure it is connected if you find end to end is not connected (open) by ohm-meter.

Latest posts